What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Out for our anniversary (which is tomorrow):

IMG_8347.jpeg

Iā€™ve never had bruschetta with hot roasted tomatoes, but I quite liked it - pizza!

There was a cream of potato soup with hunks of ham in it, quite good, but it made an ugly photo.

IMG_8348.jpeg

NY strip with white peppercorn sauce, decent and au gratin potatoes, which were bone dry. Theyā€™ll appear again in tomorrowā€™s breakfast.

IMG_8349.jpeg

MrsT has the twin filets - one was excellent, one was dry and mealy - I said thatā€™s was the side he rubbed up against the fence probably.

She also added a crab cake because market price lobster tail was $62 to add on, and she wouldnā€™t pay it. :laugh:

IMG_8352.jpeg
Turtle cheesecake, which wasā€¦ok

IMG_8351.jpeg

Coffees were ok, but I donā€™t care how expensive a place we go to, or how inexpensive a place we go to, chophouse coffee is never hot. Itā€™s barely past room temp, which is a sin to my palate.

Mine had Chambord, baileys, and chocolate liqueur in it, MrsTā€™s had baileys and caramel syrup.

All in all, it wasnā€™t a great experience, service was definitely amiss, very rushed (and they were far from crowded), and not terribly attentive. Some of the food was above average, some below. Just spotty overall. We wonā€™t be back for a long time (this was only our second visit in 20 years, though).

Well, sometimes a place just hits the spot, and sometimes it doesn't.
Never mind - as long as you enjoyed yourselves, that's the most important thing.
Yeah, and the truth is, we did, and we didnā€™t treat our server poorly with the tip or anything.

My main gripe was being so rushed. When we first ordered our appetizer, she said, ā€œIf you know what you want for your main meal, you can order now and Iā€™ll hold off putting it in until I see youā€™re nearly finished with your starter.ā€ - common practice, no problem.

What happened next? 10 minutes after the appetizer came out, we were barely half through it, and out came the soup! On top of that, she sat the bowls on the table and said, ā€œLet me just scoot everything over so it fits,ā€ and pushed the plates we were actively eating from off to the side! šŸ¤Ø

When it came time for dessert, our server had her assistant clear some dishes away, and we were still having our wine (we donā€™t drink so much while weā€™re eating, we tend to leave the lionā€™s share until after weā€™ve eaten).

She asked if we wanted dessert, and we said we did, and we ordered, but MrsT pointedly said, ā€œWeā€™d like to enjoy the rest of our wine first, though, please, so take your time.ā€ - a polite way of saying, ā€œStop rushing us, please!ā€

Three minutes laterā€¦out comes our coffees and the cheesecake, and we each had nearly a half-glass of wine left! šŸ˜ž

Yeah, and the truth is, we did, and we didnā€™t treat our server poorly with the tip or anything.

My main gripe was being so rushed. When we first ordered our appetizer, she said, ā€œIf you know what you want for your main meal, you can order now and Iā€™ll hold off putting it in until I see youā€™re nearly finished with your starter.ā€ - common practice, no problem.

What happened next? 10 minutes after the appetizer came out, we were barely half through it, and out came the soup! On top of that, she sat the bowls on the table and said, ā€œLet me just scoot everything over so it fits,ā€ and pushed the plates we were actively eating from off to the side! šŸ¤Ø

When it came time for dessert, our server had her assistant clear some dishes away, and we were still having our wine (we donā€™t drink so much while weā€™re eating, we tend to leave the lionā€™s share until after weā€™ve eaten).

She asked if we wanted dessert, and we said we did, and we ordered, but MrsT pointedly said, ā€œWeā€™d like to enjoy the rest of our wine first, though, please, so take your time.ā€ - a polite way of saying, ā€œStop rushing us, please!ā€

Three minutes laterā€¦out comes our coffees and the cheesecake, and we each had nearly a half-glass of wine left! šŸ˜ž
Yeah, no. Kind of surprised Mrs. T didn't have something to say to management.

Back
Top Bottom