Aprons

pocofan

Über Member
Local time
11:52 AM
My grandmother never cooked without an apron. Do you wear an apron when cooking at home ?? I have several. Only time I wear one is if I’m wearing clothes I don’t want to get anything on.

I have a couple, but I rarely wear them. When I’m pan-frying, I’ll wear a chef’s coat, mainly because it does a better job of protecting my sleeves.

I have a long bib type denim apron. I mostly use it when baking to keep flour off me and I can wipe on it.

I have a couple of aprons hanging in my pantry that I rarely wear...I'd say it's been a few years since I put one on!

I have an apron obsession!
I Have An Obsession
I'm not really sure how many different aprons I own, but I wear one every day, all day long, PERIOD!!!
Maybe I'm just a mess cook, dunno, but I put on an apron when I start breakfast in the morning and then simply leave it on all day.
I have several posts about them all as above ...

I’ve always liked the look of Chris Kimball’s aprons, because they’re long, like a shop apron, going down to about mid-calf, but I can never find one in a color or pattern I like.

TastyReuben I have an affinity for Sara Moulton's specially made apron, I've owned several over the years.
As one wears down, I order a new one from the shop that makes them in NY.
I love Crooked Brook, it's made just for you, anyway you'd like it.
And speaking of which, I had just made mention to DH that he needs to buy me new ones here soon... I'm a little hard on my aprons, but then, well, I wear it all day, wipe my hands on it all the time ... I'm a bit rough ...

I have an affinity for Sara Moulton's specially made apron, I've owned several over the years.
As one wears down, I order a new one from the shop that makes them in NY.
I love Crooked Brook, it's made just for you, anyway you'd like it.
Thanks, I’m checking them out.

I’ve been able to find a few places that sell longer aprons, but they’re definitely made for “the manly man” - as in they look like a carpenter’s apron, with big ol’ dude-pleasing rivets holding on the pockets and made out of leather…absolutely not me. I’d feel like a buffoon in something like that. :laugh:

Thanks, I’m checking them out.

I’ve been able to find a few places that sell longer aprons, but they’re definitely made for “the manly man” - as in they look like a carpenter’s apron, with big ol’ dude-pleasing rivets holding on the pockets and made out of leather…absolutely not me. I’d feel like a buffoon in something like that. :laugh:
Checkered gingham?
Choice Gray Poly-Cotton Adjustable Bib Apron with 2 Pockets - 32" x 30"

I'm not sure why a short apron completely different than the one I looked at populated when I copied and pasted that link.

Last edited:
I always wear an apron when cooking, unless I'm doing an event/course/dinner, when I wear a chef's jacket. (Just because it looks nicer).
There's one very good reason: I cook a lot of Indian food. If you've ever had a turmeric stain on your favourite T-shirt, you'll understand!
Here's a little anecdote:
About 15 years ago, I was working at a Charity Bazaar, selling my conserves, and wearing a red and white striped Williams-Sonoma apron,with the name on top .(See my avatar!)
A lady came up to the stand, tried a couple of things, then looked at the hot sauce and said to me (in Spanish):
"Excuse me, Mr Williams, is this really hot?"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Got 4 or 5 aprons, but I hardly ever wear them.
But then, I hardly ever wear clothes at home that are worth looking after, so a stain on my apron would worry me more than a stain on my clothes :)
The aprons come roughly to my knees

Checkered gingham?
Choice Gray Poly-Cotton Adjustable Bib Apron with 2 Pockets - 32" x 30"

I'm not sure why a short apron completely different than the one I looked at populated when I copied and pasted that link.
I’d like something more like these:

IMG_9282.jpeg
IMG_9283.png

Pixabay

Picky, picky…

Got 4 or 5 aprons, but I hardly ever wear them.
But then, I hardly ever wear clothes at home that are worth looking after, so a stain on my apron would worry me more than a stain on my clothes :)
The aprons come roughly to my knees
I raised an eyebrow at the first part of that sentence lol. But actually that describes me for the early part of the day on some days.

Back
Top Bottom