Are my black pepper corns OK?

Puggles

Guru
Local time
9:39 PM
I need some quick help. I'm refilling my peppermill and I opened a fresh package of my pepper (well within it's expiration date) and I noticed this "sand" looking stuff. Anyone know what that is? Is it safe?
20240708_172727.jpg
20240708_172730.jpg

I'm 99% certain it's ground pepper. Nothing to worry about.
It's probably the result of an industrial process where 1,000 tons of pepper is blasted along a production line and forced into neat little plastic bags!
That’s what I think. Pepper residue…aka pepperdew. :wink:

I'm 99% certain it's ground pepper. Nothing to worry about.
It's probably the result of an industrial process where 1,000 tons of pepper is blasted along a production line and forced into neat little plastic bags!
That's what I was thinking, but the "blonde" color threw me.

Next time you buy pepper try Tellicherry. It is superior to the typical black pepper you find in the supermarket. It is easy to find on line. Great stuff. I agree with the others that you have some pepper dust or residue.

Next time you buy pepper try Tellicherry. It is superior to the typical black pepper you find in the supermarket. It is easy to find on line. Great stuff. I agree with the others that you have some pepper dust or residue.
You can even get it at Kroger:

IMG_9052.jpeg

I like the “rainbow” peppercorns. I buy these on Amazon. But you can get them in a grinder at the supermarket. When I run out, I pick up a grinder bottle from Trader Joe's.

71TNS2wshUL._SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom