Recipe Avocado Salsa

blades

Local time
6:41 AM
JAS said she didn't know how I make my avocado salsa so this thread will explain it. I decided to make enchiladas for dinner as an excuse to make the salsa. Basically it is a salsa verde (green sauce in Spanish) with a healthy amount of avocado added. You can see it below surrounded by freshly fried tortilla chips.

salsaverde.jpg

Ingredients

6 tomatillos
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers depending on your heat preference
6 garlic cloves
1 onion
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar or wine just for some acid.
1 tsp sugar
1 avocado

Instructions

Put the tomatillos to boil in a pot while you prepare the rest. In your food processor put the remaining ingredients and puree them. The tomatillos are ready when they are soft if you squeeze them with tongs.. Add them to the food processor and puree again. It isn't any more complicated than that. This recipe makes a large amount of salsa. Freeze what you don't use for your meal.

JAS said she didn't know how I make my avocado salsa so this thread will explain it. I decided to make enchiladas for dinner as an excuse to make the salsa. Basically it is a salsa verde (green sauce in Spanish) with a healthy amount of avocado added. You can see it below surrounded by freshly fried tortilla chips.

View attachment 118265

Ingredients

6 tomatillos
1 or 2 jalapeno peppers depending on your heat preference
6 garlic cloves
1 onion
1 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar or wine just for some acid.
1 tsp sugar
1 avocado

Instructions

Put the tomatillos to boil in a pot while you prepare the rest. In your food processor put the remaining ingredients and puree them. The tomatillos are ready when they are soft if you squeeze them with tongs.. Add them to the food processor and puree again. It isn't any more complicated than that. This recipe makes a large amount of salsa. Freeze what you don't use for your meal.
No, I didn't say that, it was someone else, but thank you. I make mine differently, however. I include tomatoes in mine.

Edit: I misread what you wrote, I see that you wrote I didn't know how YOU make yours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom