Recipe Baked Honey Garlic Chicken

blades

Local time
1:48 AM
This is a natural for me. I simply took the same ingredients I put in my oriental stir fry sauce and added honey and additional garlic to make the glaze. The result is an East-West fusion dish that is a pleasure to eat. It has been wife approved.

honeychicken.jpg

Ingredients
4 to 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
1/2 cup AP flour
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
6 cloves garlic chopped
1tsp ginger
1 tsp rice vinegar
1tsp sesame oil
1 tsp hoisin
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or sriracha or whatever heat you like or none at all

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Put the flour, paprika, salt and pepper into one bowl and mix them. The rest of the ingredients, less the chicken, go in the second bowl and then mix them thoroughly. If your thighs have skin, remove it. If they are bone in just add 4 or 5 minutes to the baking time. Prepare a baking pan with a quick spray of oil. Dredge the thighs in the flour mixture and then dredge them in the glaze in the second bowl. Arrange them in the baking pan and pour the remaining glaze on top. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the thighs over, spoon glaze onto them and bake for another 15 minutes uncovered. In the image you can see I served them with short grain rice and cauliflower slathered with melted cheddar. Happy cooking.

Last edited:
Appetizing, and very pretty to look at! This I might try, as I would love to master meat glazing...
'Wife approved' sold it😃.

Appetizing, and very pretty to look at! This I might try, as I would love to master meat glazing...
'Wife approved' sold it😃.
Thanks. Managing the glaze is pretty simple when baking. When sauteing You need to make the glaze separately and then pour it over the cooked meat for serving. In my experience, using the oven is the way to go for glazed meat.

My wife is not shy about criticizing my cooking when I deserve it so her opinion works for me. The ingredients from soy sauce down to hoisin in the recipe make a nice stir fry sauce for oriental dishes. I used it just last night to make stir fry on soba noodles to use the left over chicken.

wife is not shy about criticizing my cooking when I deserve it so her opinion works for me. The ingredients from soy sauce down to hoisin in the recipe make a nice stir fry sauce for oriental dishes.
Wonderful. Trust and constructive criticism is essential, I agree. Hoisin is unknown to me,i.e.I heard of it, but never used it. Perhaps it is time to do so.😄
I love the sauces at Chinese restaurants, if I can replicate those at home would be a great success.
Thank you! Greetings to your wife too🤗🤗

Wonderful. Trust and constructive criticism is essential, I agree. Hoisin is unknown to me,i.e.I heard of it, but never used it. Perhaps it is time to do so.😄
I love the sauces at Chinese restaurants, if I can replicate those at home would be a great success.
Thank you! Greetings to your wife too🤗🤗
Try mine. You just need to add a little corn starch or flour as a thickener to give it the texture of Chinese restaurant sauce.

Try mine. You just need to add a little corn starch or flour as a thickener to give it the texture of Chinese restaurant sauce.
Just saved the text /ingredients and method, and will handwrite copy it into my recipes notebook. I like doing that with all the recipes I try, as I can scribble notes, measurements, outcomes, tweaks...whatever needs noting...thank you!

Just saved the text /ingredients and method, and will handwrite copy it into my recipes notebook. I like doing that with all the recipes I try, as I can scribble notes, measurements, outcomes, tweaks...whatever needs noting...thank you!
Thank you. Hoisin is a Chinese sauce that is sold in bottles in the U.S. in most supermarkets. You would use it sparingly in my ingredient list. If it isn't available in your area you can make your own. You can find a recipe here. There are many recipes for hoisin on the internet.

I have never measured ingredients in my stir fry sauce so I don't have quantities. Soy sauce is the main ingredient and I add the others in small quantities to taste. I then dilute it with water and mix in a tsp of corn starch to give it body.

Last edited:
I then dilute it with water and mix in a tsp of corn starch to give it body.
Thank you. I would assume Hoisin can be found here locally. In the course of summer I intend to visit a store that has both Hoisin and Venezuelan flour for Arepas...so that I don't go for 1 item only.

Back
Top Bottom