Recipe Breakfast baked potato

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:30 AM
Just saw this on a YouTube ad when I was looking at a miniature haunted house video. The person used a fairly good size baking potato, baked it until it was mostly done. They then cut a thin piece off the top, scooped out the insides until a fairly thick shell was left. The insides could be used for hash browns or mashies with a little more cooking. While the potatoes were baking, they sauteed chopped onions until translucent, then added some chopped ham (you could use cooked bacon or sausage instead). They mixed in some chopped parsley when done. Some of the onion mixture went into the potato, then 2-3 raw eggs, then some grated cheese. They used mozzarella, but you could use whatever you wanted or even omit. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. If you wanted a runny egg, you could reduce the cooking time. Season with salt and pepper as you go.

No amounts because it would depend on how many potatoes you were making.

Oooooh! Yummy!
I had something similar when I was in Houston airport a month ago. I think the filling was cheese, bacon,jalapeños and eggs. Great idea for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom