SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
6:49 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
So I found a recipe that used an avocado in a cake and was curious. I was quite surprised in a pleasant way. It's definitely an adult's cake because it doesn't have much sugar in it at, so it's very chocolatey and not particularly sweet. It's surprisingly moist and almost like a brownie. In fact, I reckon with the addition of some chopped nuts and perhaps a small quantity of chocolate chips it would make for an excellent brownie recipe as well.

20240830_094652.jpg

Ingredients
Avocado Chocolate Cake

2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large avocado
1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1½ cup wholemeal plain flour
½ cup cacao powder (50g)
250ml soy yoghurt (ideally set out strained)
100g coconut sugar or Jaggery powder
100g almond meal
4 tbsp macadamia oil
50-100ml plant milk (to thin as needed)

Avocado chocolate frosting
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 avocado
25g cacao powder

Method
I used my food processor patisserie bowl to make the cake, so literally just put everything in the bowl in one go, chopping the avocado roughly and blitzed until smooth.

My mixture was a little bit too thick, so you may need to add 50ml of a plant milk to thin it. You want something thick enough to hold its shape, but just settling slightly, so the battery reaches all the corners. Mine needed a bit of persuasion!

If you're making this by hand, it's a sift all the dry ingredients into one bowl.
Mix all the wet ingredients in another and then add the wet to the dry and combine well. Thin if needed.

You'll want to line the 8inch/20cm cake tin. Pour in the mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30-40 minutes.

Allow the sponge to cool completely before removing from the cake tin.

I chose not to frost my cake, but if you want to, just combine all the ingredients well and pile on to the top, before cutting and serving.

20240830_094256.jpg

Based on a corrected version of this https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipes/avocado-chocolate-cake

Back
Top Bottom