Recipe Creamy Black Garlic Sauce

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
11:57 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
This is a simple non-dairy sauce of my own devising to maximise the flavour of black garlic.

20240603_120203.jpg

So what is black garlic? Black garlic is aged garlic. It changes over time to a sweet velvety texture that is spreadable. It loses the pungent fresh garlic taste and smell and instead takes on a wonderful, and unique flavour all of its own.

I've put that flavour to good use in this creamy (vegan) sauce. It would probably be possible to switch out the cashew cream for something like mascapone or another thick dairy alternative like crème fraiche.

Ingredients
150g cashew nuts (soaked unless you have a Vitamix Blender or similar)
200g non-dairy milk
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp black garlic paste
3 cloves of raw garlic

Method
Just put everything into a high speed blender such as a Vitamix and blend until you have a very thick, smooth puree that holds its own shape on a spoon without running off the spoon.

Serve mixed into pasta or spaghetti.

This is a simple non-dairy sauce of my own devising to maximise the flavour of black garlic.

View attachment 114318

So what is black garlic? Black garlic is aged garlic. It changes over time to a sweet velvety texture that is spreadable. It loses the pungent fresh garlic taste and smell and instead takes on a wonderful, and unique flavour all of its own.

I've put that flavour to good use in this creamy (vegan) sauce. It would probably be possible to switch out the cashew cream for something like mascapone or another thick dairy alternative like crème fraiche.

Ingredients
200g non-dairy milk
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves of raw garlic

Method
Just put everything into a high speed blender such as a Vitamix and blend until you have a very thick, smooth puree that holds its own shape on a spoon without running off the spoon.

That's so very cool!

View attachment 114318

Ingredients
200g non-dairy milk
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves of raw garlic

Method

Very nice. Two servings or more?

Back
Top Bottom