Crisp (chips in the US) flavours

What about normal ol' cheese flavour?
Cheese flavour crisps are huge here.
It's not a popular flavour that I know of. Some companies are always trying new flavours but there are main ones that stand the test of time. BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion, Salt and Vinegar, Ketchup, Rippled, Plain. My wife does eat a Cheddar Jalapeño some times. For some reason anything that has a cheese flavour has a greasy simulated coating that I find unappealing. I understand that the UK has a million flavours of chips. Not so much, here.

It's not a popular flavour that I know of. Some companies are always trying new flavours but there are main ones that stand the test of time. BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion, Salt and Vinegar, Ketchup, Rippled, Plain. My wife does eat a Cheddar Jalapeño some times. For some reason anything that has a cheese flavour has a greasy simulated coating that I find unappealing. I understand that the UK has a million flavours of chips. Not so much, here.
I am sorry, but ketchup flavored potato chips sounds disgusting. Yes, yes, I will occasionally put ketchup on my fries, but I would never dip potato chips in ketchup. I think I mostly only use ketchup when my fries are mouth-burningly hot.

Sour cream and onion is very similar to cheese flavour though, do you like those?
They taste very, very similar to Walkers (our main crisp brand) cheese and onion which are their best seller.

Ketchup flavour I tried and couldn't stand it.

They basically taste like a mild barbecue chip.
Kind of but here they have a definite tangy (I assume vinegar) edge to them that BBQ don’t.
Not that I’m a huge fan of BBQ flavour either but I will eat BBQ flavour occasionally, ketchup I pass on.

Which is weird when you consider I’ll very occasionally eat prawn cocktail flavour that are so far removed from any prawn you’ve ever tasted and crazily strongly flavoured!

Last edited:
Sour cream and onion is very similar to cheese flavour though, do you like those?
They taste very, very similar to Walkers (our main crisp brand) cheese and onion which are their best seller.

Sour cream and onion is the best flavored chip, IMO. I like plain chips with SC & O dip the best, though!

Favourite is paprika, but can't get it here.
Next lightly salted
Thereafter piri piri, bbq , bilting or beef flavoured.
I dislike cheese & onion chips, or fruit chutney flavoured

I'm not crazy about a coated chip of any kind. I find the flavour stays with me for too long after. I was a ketchup fan for years but after realizing that my fingers stayed red for hours after started to turn me off of them.

I'm not crazy about a coated chip of any kind. I find the flavour stays with me for too long after. I was a ketchup fan for years but after realizing that my fingers stayed red for hours after started to turn me off of them.
What about salt n shake?
They are my absolute favourite.
Plain crisps with a little blue sachet of salt you fish out and add to suit your tastes. The salt is normal sized table salt rather than that powdered salt ready salted crisps contain.

Got some on order for delivery tuesday, can't wait 😋

We don’t have salt and shake. Although one thing I do like tondo is add my own vinegars to plain salted chips. I’ve tried every vinegar in my cupboards. Rice vinegar is surprisingly nice.
The soggy bits in the bottom of the bowl are my favourite. I need to wash my hand after that.

Back
Top Bottom