Recipe Just good bbq chicken

Puggles

Guru
Local time
4:20 AM
Super simple recipe (It does involve a smoker, but a grill is fine too!)

Ingredients
Chicken thighs
Bottle of Italian dressing
Your favorite seasoning
Dried thyme

Method
I marinate the chicken thighs in Italian dressing for at least 6 hours (overnight is even better), drain and pat dry. Sprinkle liberally with your favorite seasoning (very versatile) I used 4-letter-rub. And sprinkle some dried thyme on there as well (Don't forget under the skin!)

I leave the chicken out for at least 30 minutes after I season it (Great time to preheat).

I smoked at 350F skin side down until I hit 165F internally, then flip thighs skin side up and crank up the heat to 400-425F to really crisp the skin. *** until it hits about 190-195F internally.

***If the skin isn't as crisp as you want it by the end, don't sweat. What I do is brush the skin a bit with olive oil and put them in my toaster oven at 450F for about 7 minutes.

This is an extremely versatile recipe that is more of a "guideline" than a strict follow-along. I just know that doing what I typed here produces absolutely delicious chicken with the perfect amount of that robust Italian dressing bite without overwhelming the rest of the flavors.
20240721_163838.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom