Meatballs at Ikea

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:22 AM
I adore meatballs. I love them, and it seems a shame I seem to make them only around the holidays, so here’s a year-round recipe

They look good. It was odd to me you said you seem to make meatballs only around holidays. In the UK they are a common everyday meal not associated at all with holidays. In fact, probably the opposite,

They look good. It was odd to me you said you seem to make meatballs only around holidays. In the UK they are a common everyday meal not associated at all with holidays. In fact, probably the opposite,
Yeah we eat them in our house pretty regularly too, but made in different ways from time-to-time. I'd say mostly I make Italian-style meatballs. But not daily, more like 2x a month.

Thanks.

It’s probably just me, but apart from spaghetti-and-meatballs, about the only time meatballs show up (in anyone’s kitchen, anyway - I’m making allowances for IKEA and meatball subs from the sandwich shop) is as an appetizer during the Christmas holidays. It’s a favorite party food.

Thanks.

It’s probably just me, but apart from spaghetti-and-meatballs, about the only time meatballs show up (in anyone’s kitchen, anyway - I’m making allowances for IKEA and meatball subs from the sandwich shop) is as an appetizer during the Christmas holidays. It’s a favorite party food.
It's not just you then, because mostly I'm doing spaghetti and meatballs or meatballs subs (I make those at home). Never been to IKEA can you believe it? But we do occasionally make other kinds of meatballs outside of the holidays...just Italian style is the kind I make the majority of the time.

Off topic re IKEA. I don't like going there but their furniture is fine by me.
I couldn't say, no idea, I know it's really popular. The only thing I know about IKEA is that in the movie "Fight Club" Edward Norton's character furnished his whole apartment at IKEA. I can't remember what any of the pieces looked like but I think that movie is 25 years old, maybe more.

I couldn't say, no idea, I know it's really popular. The only thing I know about IKEA is that in the movie "Fight Club" Edward Norton's character furnished his whole apartment at IKEA. I can't remember what any of the pieces looked like but I think that movie is 25 years old, maybe more. I believe Ikea use garlic in some of the dishes they serve but I don’t think they had any garlic in Fight Club.
Fixed that for you so you don’t get an off topic warning ⚠️ 😂

What that I already want to eat it or that you have a boatload of garlic? 😂
It’s not a looker, I’ll just say that. You’ll see once I write it up.

IKEA is enjoyable just to see all the different kitchens set up. I like that, and on the practical side, I really like their housewares department - they’ve got some really kooky/clever things in there.

The weekend crowds are psychotic, though. I usually take a day off and go once a year around Christmas.

IKEA is enjoyable just to see all the different kitchens set up. I like that, and on the practical side, I really like their housewares department - they’ve got some really kooky/clever things in there.

The weekend crowds are psychotic, though. I usually take a day off and go once a year around Christmas.
It's way too far for me to bother...

I think they do some very good and reasonably priced stuff. I was impressed with the price and quality of the houseplants and some of their kitchen stuff is good. But I can’t abide the shop itself, because of their location here, their cheap food and play area it’s usually packed with kids, not nice kids either, the snotty wailing type. In Spain it’s popular in the summer because they have good air con 😂

It might not be a looker but I bet it tastes great!

Back
Top Bottom