Recipe My 20 clove chicken

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:52 PM
Since I'm cooking for 2 and prefer to have minimal, if any, leftovers, I adjusted the usual 40 clove chicken recipe down and added my own tweaks.

20240615_192238.jpg

INGREDIENTS

4 chicken thighs, skin and excess fat removed*
20 cloves garlic + 3 extra, ends trimmed
1/2 large onion, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup AP flour
Salt and pepper
3 Tbsp neutral cooking oil

** If desired, pat skin dry, place on a skillet over medium heat. Once skin starts to pop and shrink, reduce heat to medium low. Continue to cook, turning several times, until skin is crispy. Remove from pan to paper towels, cool, then break into pieces. Allow fat to cool, place in a container and refrigerate to use later if desired.

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Place a dutch oven type pan big enough to hold chicken pieces over medium heat. Add oil.

Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Place flour on a sheet of wax paper, season with S&P, mix. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture, place in pan and brown on each side. Remove from pan.

Add onions, carrots, and celery. Sautee for a few minutes until onion starts to become translucent. Smash the extra 3 garlic cloves with flat side of knife, add to pan, along with thyme and rosemary. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add about 1/8 cup of the seasoned flour, stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the white wine, stir. Add the chicken stock, stir. Add the chicken back in and the remaining garlic cloves. Cover, place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes.

Remove the chicken pieces and the whole garlic cloves, at least what you can find. Use an immersion blender to make a smooth pan sauce for the chicken. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve. Sprinkle chicken skin pieces, if using, on toast pieces or over chicken pieces.

Back
Top Bottom