My moka pot coffee is watery

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
2:33 AM
Hi everyone, I recently bought a moka pot, but my first coffee was terribly watery.

I'm using a powdered coffee that says it's a regular grind, and I fill the pot with cold water up to the valve, and then heat it in the stovetop in medium heat.

I like a thick, full bodied coffee. Any ideas how could I achieve this?

that's what many people use in Venezuela and they call it a "Greca". You're ok with the water, but you need to fill the top part with coffee and push it down with a spoon. If you want a strong coffee (as I do ) then make sure the top part is filled with coffee grinds and well compacted.

Use more coffee?

Just to be sure: are we talking about one of these octangular pots that go on the stovetop and perculate the coffee?

Hello :) Yes badjak this is what I'm talking about:
1719304462158.png

karadekoolaid the pot's manual specifically says not to press the coffee but it doesn't hurt to try! I'll try that next time and report back.

Last edited:
Yeah, thats what I thought you were talking about :)
Maybe the size of the ground is wrong?
It may be, I'm using a powdered coffee that says it's a "regular" grind. Should I try a finer or coarser grind?

Maybe the size of the ground is wrong?
That’s what Barista Google says is the most common cause of watery moka pot coffee.

I’ve used one exactly one time, and it’s a wee baby one, just enough for a little coffee shot, so I’m not qualified to comment further. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom