Question about inserting pics

Puggles

Guru
Local time
9:37 AM
Facebook has the ability to pull pics from my phone to my PC. For example, if I take food pics with my phone and go to Facebook from my PC, I can create a post via PC and insert the pics I just took from my phone, I was wondering if this site had a similar ability?

I’ll defer to SatNavSaysStraightOn ans Morning Glory for the final word, as they’ve been on the forum longer than I have, but to my knowledge no. Whatever device you’re using to post is the one that should have the photos on it.

Now, you could do something like upload the pics from your phone to the Media Gallery here, then no matter what device you use to access the site later, those pics would be available always for posting, because once uploaded to the Media Gallery, they’re on the site and available to use in posts over and over again.

Facebook has the ability to pull pics from my phone to my PC. For example, if I take food pics with my phone and go to Facebook from my PC, I can create a post via PC and insert the pics I just took from my phone, I was wondering if this site had a similar ability?
I don't believe that it is FB doing that.

I suspect that you have set up something that is allowing access from your pc to your phone. It is more likely that your phone is saving pictures to the cloud and your pc has access to these. If that is the case, yes you'll have access via CB the same way you perceive Facebook has access.

CB also has the ability to pull pictures off your Facebook account and post them here using a url/web address for the picture.

Screenshot_20240811_124734_Chrome.jpg

There is one possible other explanation and that is that you are saving all photos from your phone to Facebook uploads and effectively using that as a cloud storage area. That would allow any device logged in as your Facebook account access to your photos. I would question this possible because if you lost access to your Facebook account for any reason, and it does happen with startling frequency, you'd lose access to all your photos as well.

Back
Top Bottom