Question about posting links

Puggles

Guru
Local time
4:13 AM
I posted a recipe and I provided a link to a seasoning that I used. I tested the link in edit mode and it worked perfectly, but If I click on the link after I post it, my antivirus is telling me that it's "riskware". I have tested this with two completely separate links and they both produce the exact same results. Is there something that this site does when redirecting to a posted link?

I don't have a problem with the Amazon redirect.

It's in my recipe that I just posted
Recipe - Just good bbq chicken
I don't get any alerts with the link called 4 letter rub, but I also don't get to visit the site because it's Amazon US and that items, whatever it is, doesn't ship to Australia so I can't get to view it without changing my home address.

So I suspect that the alert is your software (I won't use the term antivirus, but security software is perhaps a better term. )

. I don't get it. But as long as it works, that's fine.
Some security software learns from the link being judged by a human. Also the software won't look at every web page there is out there, there are just too many. Instead it learns as you visit the page. Now that you've been there, it has examined the link to that specific item and is happy with it. If I recall correctly, you use MalwareBytes? It's not my favourite security software, and I know you have posted here about it before. It is, however, a good piece of security software, but I get the impression from your posts, that it is possibly a little too careful/strict.

It's actually what I'm studying right now.

Some security software learns from the link being judged by a human. Also the software won't look at every web page there is out there, there are just too many. Instead it learns as you visit the page. Now that you've been there, it has examined the link to that specific item and is happy with it. If I recall correctly, you use MalwareBytes? It's not my favourite security software, and I know you have posted here about it before. It is, however, a good piece of security software, but I get the impression from your posts, that it is possibly a little too careful/strict.

It's actually what I'm studying right now.
Yes, I do use malwarebytes. Until this situation I've never had any issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom