Rack of Lamb

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
11:37 PM
My son got me this rack of lamb for Father's day. I have never cooked a rack of lamb. I am leaning towards the Weber charcoal grill with an oil and Herb seasoning. I would love to hear from anyone who has cooked a rack of lamb.

20240613_083755.jpg

My son got me this rack of lamb for Father's day. I have never cooked a rack of lamb. I am leaning towards the Weber charcoal grill with an oil and Herb seasoning. I would love to hear from anyone who has cooked a rack of lamb.

View attachment 114713
The Weber grill is a great choice You can use a mix of rosemary, thyme, basil, and other favorite herbs. Don't forget to drizzle the lamb chops with olive oil to keep them juicy and add a bit of zest.

I usually trim mine and cut them into chops and haven't actually ever cooked a rack of lamb before, though I certainly have bought them! I am sure you will do just fine!

Racks have a thinner/smaller end. Make sure that's where you take your temperature, otherwise it will be overdone. And some people put a small half inch cut down between each bone. It will help the lamb cook more evenly.

I'd never cooked a rack until about 10 years ago. The butcher asked me if I wanted them cut into chops, and, like an idiot non-meat eater, I said yes.
Disaster. Cook the whole rack, and then cut them!
I prefer them in chops and they always come out perfectly medium rare with a sear on each individual chop. I butcher them myself, trimming off the silverskin and excess fat. I guess it works fine either way you decide to do it!

Back
Top Bottom