Local time
11:28 AM
Ingredients:
100 gms flour
100 gms unsalted butter, softened
100 gms sharp Cheddar, or Parmesan, grated really fine
Pinch of cayenne

Method:
  • Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well together until you have a soft dough.
  • Roll into a sausage shape, about 2" in circumference. Wrap in plastic wrap and roll again until the "sausage"is perfectly even. Put in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
  • Remove from the freezer and, with a sharp knife or cutter, slice rounds of about 1/4" thickness.
  • Heat the oven to 350F .
  • Place the shortbreads on a baking tray and bake for about 13-14 minutes* .Remove from the oven and allow to cool before taking them off the tray.
* Timing is 13-14 minutes at my altitude: 4,200 ft above sea level. You might need more, or less, depending where you live.
Mutthries with brinjal bhurta.jpg
Mutthries.jpg
Blue cheese shortbread.jpg

Ingredients:
100 gms flour
100 gms unsalted butter, softened
100 gms sharp Cheddar, or Parmesan, grated really fine
Pinch of cayenne

Method:
  • Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well together until you have a soft dough.
  • Roll into a sausage shape, about 2" in circumference. Wrap in plastic wrap and roll again until the "sausage"is perfectly even. Put in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
  • Remove from the freezer and, with a sharp knife or cutter, slice rounds of about 1/4" thickness.
  • Heat the oven to 350F .
  • Place the shortbreads on a baking tray and bake for about 13-14 minutes* .Remove from the oven and allow to cool before taking them off the tray.
* Timing is 13-14 minutes at my altitude: 4,200 ft above sea level. You might need more, or less, depending where you live. View attachment 119347View attachment 119348View attachment 119349
They look lovely.
What size would you recommend making the cheese? I know folk usually say grated but you've got some there that look like they had bigger bits in them?

This will likely work well with a good gluten free flour blend 👍

ABB (another bloody bookmark) 🤣

Lovely - a three ingredient recipe plus a pinch of cayenne and its an 'all in one' mix.

How may biscuits does this recipe make? And of what size? Approximately...

How may biscuits does this recipe make? And of what size? Approximately...
Makes about 25. The shortbreads are about 1 ½ inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick. I've amended the recipe to add the details - thanks.
If you want perfection, you could roll the pastry out in a sheet and cut the rounds with a biscuit cutter, but it's a whole lot easier to roll it into a sausage and cut bits off with a sharp knife or one of those devices for making crinkle cut chips. I sometimes make a larger batch (400 gms flour), roll the sausages up in plastic wrap and freeze. Then, when I've got people for dinner or drinks, I'll just take a sausage out of the fridge, let it defrost for a while and then cut into rounds.
I've also experimented with Indian flavours and they work well. I use paneer of some local white cheese, then add cracked pepper, nigella seeds, ajwain (bishop's weed) seeds and a touch more chile powder.

Back
Top Bottom