Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Website
mykitcheninthemiddleofthedesert.wordpress.com
Shrimp & Cucumber Salad

Serves 2

Ingredients:

8 oz. Shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined and cooled completely
½ of a Hot House Cucumber, diced
3 stakes Green Onions, sliced (or more if you like)

Dressing:

2.5 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
2.5 Tbsp. Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 tsp. Dried Dill Weed (sub 1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill-chopped)
½ Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
½ Garlic clove, minced
S&P to taste

Method:

Combine all of the Dressing ingredients until smooth.
In a medium-sized bowl, fold together the Shrimp and Vegetables with just enough of the Dressing to bring everything together and is nice and creamy.
You may not need all of the Dressing. Any leftover Dressing is nice on a green salad too.
Cover and refrigerate until the Salad is good and cold.

IMG_3826.JPG

*This recipe has been adapted from downshiftology.com

**Cook's Note: I use pre-cooked cocktail shrimp for convenience sake once and chopped up large Prawns at other times. I've made this several times and it's always good. Again, that Dressing is lovely on it's own! I had some with crudité - YUM!

[ edit - oops! Sorry, I've corrected the recipe towards the dressing. Although, it is a wonderful dressing that I've made for other uses ]

Last edited:
Shrimp & Cucumber Salad

Serves 2

Ingredients:

8oz. Shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined and cooled completely
½ of a Hot House Cucumber, diced
3 stakes Green Onions, sliced (or more if you like)

Dressing:

5 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
5 Tbsp. Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 tsp. Dried Dill Weed (sub 1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill-chopped)
½ Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
½ Garlic clove, minced
S&P to taste

Method:

Combine all of the Dressing ingredients until smooth.
In a medium-sized bowl, fold together the Shrimp and Vegetables with just enough of the Dressing to bring everything together and is nice and creamy.
You may not need all of the Dressing. Any leftover Dressing is nice on a green salad too.
Cover and refrigerate until the Salad is good and cold.

View attachment 119218

*This recipe has been adapted from downshiftology.com

**Cook's Note: I use pre-cooked cocktail shrimp for convenience sake once and chopped up large Prawns at other times. I've made this several times and it's always good. Again, that Dressing is lovely on it's own! I had some with crudité - YUM!

Lovely. I love prawns and cucumbers together.

Prawns with cucumbers is a lovely combination. Dill is a perfect addition here.

My only qualm is this serves two but there are 5 tbsps of mayonnaise and 5 tbsp of sour cream in the dressing. That is a lot if calories for a salad dressing in my world! It's around 320 cals per person. On the other hand, the cucumber and prawns are very low calorie. So, OK...

I'd might substitute yoghurt for the mayonnaise here.

Prawns with cucumbers is a lovely combination. Dill is a perfect addition here.

My only qualm is this serves two but there are 5 tbsps of mayonnaise and 5 tbsp of sour cream in the dressing. That is a lot if calories for a salad dressing in my world! It's around 320 cals per person. On the other hand, the cucumber and prawns are very low calorie. So, OK...

I'd might substitute yoghurt for the mayonnaise here.
Ya know, I'm looking now at my original recipe and that dressing recipe is OFF, WAY OFF!!! :laugh:
Let me edit that ... (as she laughs hysterically at herself) ...

Ya know, I'm looking now at my original recipe and that dressing recipe is OFF, WAY OFF!!! :laugh:
Let me edit that ... (as she laughs hysterically at herself) ...
I noted you changed it. It makes a lot more sense now! Sorry, but I do scrutinise recipes - especially when I'm supposed to be judging a challenge. I don't think the amended recipe is 'a lot' of sauce at all.

The recipe is rather Scandinavian in style: seafood, sour cream, dill, Spring onion (green onion) and cucumber are often featured in Scandi salads.

Back
Top Bottom