Today’s pics

Did you spot the sundog or parhelia you captured as well?
Oh Goodnes, just googled parhelia. Not a flower but an athmospheric condition...I've looked at the picture again and yes, I can see the Halo halfcircle...do you think the side shines are bright enough to be considered parhelia?

Stunning!
You have a good eye!

Oh Goodnes, just googled parhelia. Not a flower but an athmospheric condition...I've looked at the picture again and yes, I can see the Halo halfcircle...do you think the side shines are bright enough to be considered parhelia?

Stunning!
You have a good eye!
Yes, they're bright enough. It's a rainbow without the rain.... caused by ice crystals of a certain type and orientation in the atmosphere. Similar to a prism splitting light into its colours. I love atmospheric phenomena, people just don't see them most of the time and they're fascinating, to me at least.

love atmospheric phenomena, people just don't see them most of the time and they're fascinating, to me at least.
Oh absolutely! I am beyond excited after you told me! Love them too!
The weather has been charged, the night prior there was thunder and hail in the northern parts of the country, and my boyfriend saw some of the lightening.

We had nothing of rain or storm in my city. Only some grey fluffy clouds that were moving quickly and lots of sun.

Then the night was refreshingly cooler 21c, to the usual 29,26 c in the last several days.

The day was very 'pressed', one sweat a lot, and it was heavy to breathe or do upstair walking e.g.

Then, around 7 pm, when we walked, 7,30, 8 pm, there was a lovely breeze, and the heated pressure subsided...it was wonderful to be outside...that is when we took the picture.

He took one too. Which he rarely does. It is me taking tens and tens of pics usually. Will tell him and show him...

Thank you!

Found a double rainbow pic archived, not sure if I posted it already? End of May 2024 in the city I commute to.

Gorgeous, never seen it before ever.

20240523_193946.jpg

Saw some cool birds during a hike today - including my first time seeing a black-crowned night heron!
IMG_9599.jpeg

We also saw some wood ducks. Not quite full breeding plumage, but still very pretty.

IMG_9614.jpeg

We also saw this cute little raccoon - she had her babies inside of the hollow tree!
IMG_9569.jpeg

Nature has this soothing quality.

A stressful period for both my boyfriend and me.

Together as a couple, we are stronger.

Not only is his Dad in hospital, and Mom is nervous, but his car broke, and is now in repair.

He borrowed his brother's car so that we can take the walk.

We don't sleep well. We worry. And we support each other.

20240718_191934.jpg
20240718_192028.jpg
20240718_200420.jpg

Beautiful sunset, cloud and river.

Nature has this soothing quality.

A stressful period for both my boyfriend and me.

Together as a couple, we are stronger.

Not only is his Dad in hospital, and Mom is nervous, but his car broke, and is now in repair.

He borrowed his brother's car so that we can take the walk.

We don't sleep well. We worry. And we support each other.

View attachment 116202View attachment 116203View attachment 116204

Beautiful sunset, cloud and river.

A hug to you, sorry to hear this of you both, however supporting each other is priceless

Back
Top Bottom