Today’s pics

That is still the case.
Lazy arse parents who don’t want to have the sunscreen fight with their kids might apply it once but then it’s the kids fault after hours in the sunshine that they got burnt 🙄
Here in Australia, unless you send your kid(s) to school with their hat and their own sunscreen, the kid is not allowed outside at all during the day, and the parents get a written warning.

And all kids play areas (not just school ground ones) have sail cloth shading over them permanently. UV hits 15 here regularly, especially in winter.

Here in Australia, unless you send your kid(s) to school with their hat and their own sunscreen, the kid is not allowed outside at all during the day, and the parents get a written warning.

And all kids play areas (not just school ground ones) have sail cloth shading over them permanently. UV hits 15 here regularly, especially in winter.
Same in the junior schools here.
Parents don't mind sending the sunscreen and the hat in, they just don't like to apply it to their own kids who will put up resistance to having it on.

Honestly it's much easier getting them to clean their teeth and go to bed than cooperate with putting sunscreen on!!

My new son-in-law hS quite the bourbon collection:

20240804_130335.jpg

20240804_130529.jpg

20240804_130725.jpg

I received so much hate, it was alarming. I had people threatening to beat my azz and take my guitar if I ever showed up at a meetup. I had people block me. I had people report me for suspension. The kindest thing anyone said was, “Well, you just theft-proofed your guitar, jerk!” It was unreal.

Me? I love it because it’s different, but it’s still quality (and was quite expensive at the time), and literally no one else has one that I know of.

…and that’s the short story! :laugh:
Some enthusiasts are over the top in terms of their enthusiasm. I've had hi fi systems all of my life. The hi fi enthusiasts are like your guitar fans. I finally abandoned them when they insisted that I should be able to hear the sonic characteristics of digital cables. But but but digital connections don't transmit wave forms. They transmit data. The data arrives either intact or not. There are no waveforms until the data are converted back to music. They explained that I didn't understand. I quit messing with the enthusiasts.

I do agree that Martin makes fine instruments. I've never owned a Martin guitar but I do have an old Martin Ukelele. I'm basically a pianist and I use guitars only to accompany myself with strummed chords. I have an Epiphone dreadnaught and a Fender Telecaster that I bought to try to progress into more advanced guitar playing. I never progressed very far but I can strum chords with it too.

The pick guard is lovely.

If you're ukelele lovers, then you must have heard George Formby, probably the best British player ever:
George Formby
You may have a little difficulty with the broad Yorkshire accent.

Edit: I always understood he played ukelele, but in fact, it was a ukelele- banjo.

Last edited:
If you're ukelele lovers, then you must have heard George Formby, probably the best British player ever:
George Formby
You may have a little difficulty with the broad Yorkshire accent.

I know a few people who I reckon would debate that based on the number of jokes I heard growing up about where George Formby should stick his Ukelele 😂

Back
Top Bottom