Ingredients
1 serrano pepper, seeded and quartered
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon zest strip (2 inches)
1-1/2 cups vodka
Ice, for shaker
Pickled baby beets, for garnish

Directions
Put the pepper, garlic, lemon strip, and vodka in a glass container with a lid on. Give it a little swish and set it aside, room temp, for 1 week.

For each cocktail, fill a small shaker with ice, add 1-1/2 ounces of vodka mixture, and shake until too cold to hold, about 30 seconds or so. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a pickled baby beet.

Begone, Count Dracula!

Recipe based on one at TasteofHome.com

The CookingBites recipe challenge: garlic

Vampire Killer Martini
Makes 8 cocktails

Ingredients
1 serrano pepper, seeded and quartered
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon zest strip (2 inches)
1-1/2 cups vodka
Ice, for shaker
Pickled baby beets, for garnish

Directions
Put the pepper, garlic, lemon strip, and vodka in a glass container with a lid on. Give it a little swish and set it aside, room temp, for 1 week.

For each cocktail, fill a small shaker with ice, add 1-1/2 ounces of vodka mixture, and shake until too cold to hold, about 30 seconds or so. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a pickled baby beet.

Begone, Count Dracula!

Recipe based on one at TasteofHome.com

I think that would be good with a dash of tomato juice and a grape tomato for a garnish...not a big beet fan, although it does give it a perfect color!

The colour - is it from the serrano pepper?
The pepper was green (though we do have red ones as well) - the color was from the beet.

I was a little disappointed that it colored the whole drink. The pic in the source recipe has beautiful streaks of purplish-red in the clear liquor, but I’m sure they went to more effort than I did.

Back
Top Bottom