Vegan Nutella

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
7:02 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I was interested to read that dairy free version of Nutella is soon to be launched in Europe. It is one of the things I've missed not being able to eat dairy. Fererro Roche are another!

Nutella is celebrating its 60th birthday with the launch of a brand new product – vegan Nutella.

Nutella Plant-Based is set to launch in a number of European countries, a Ferrero spokesperson has confirmed after the company presented its new spread at the NielsenIQ event in Sardinia earlier this month.

Vegan Nutella spread is launching in Europe this year - here's what we know so far

Almost anything with chocolate in it has dairy in it (milk or milk powder) even a lot of dark chocolate does.
Makes sense. I think I've only eaten Nutella maybe 3 times in my life and it was over 10 years ago. I did think it had more of a dark chocolate flavor. I liked it though.

Given that some people have allergies to nuts and/or coconut, do you think soy will be their choice of plant-based milk? They article didn't say what they're going to use.

Given that some people have allergies to nuts and/or coconut, do you think soy will be their choice of plant-based milk? They article didn't say what they're going to use.
Nutella contains hazelnuts so I doubt that they've given nuts a second though. Plus people can be allergic to soy as well.

Nutella contains hazelnuts so I doubt that they've given nuts a second though. Plus people can be allergic to soy as well.
Yeah I wasn't thinking, duh. Although some people aren't allergic to all nuts, some only peanuts which isn't even a nut and others are fine with drupes, and so forth. I know some women think that soy affects hormones and won't use soy products.

I know some women think that soy affects hormones and won't use soy products.
Sadly, like all things in the net, that has been disproven many, many times, but people still believe it. Hormones in tap water are a bigger problem imo.

I suspect, because they are keeping it under wraps at the moment that it is either a totally new 'mylk' alternative that they've developed, or it is something like pea protein which makes for a remarkably good, creamy milk alternative.

Sadly, like all things in the net, that has been disproven many, many times, but people still believe it. Hormones in tap water are a bigger problem imo.

I suspect, because they are keeping it under wraps at the moment that it is either a totally new 'mylk' alternative that they've developed, or it is something like pea protein which makes for a remarkably good, creamy milk alternative.
Yes, I have read about the pea milk but haven't seen it in our stores (yet). Although I suspect they may carry it at some of the specialty healthy food stores if and when they do.

I never looked at the ingredients and had no idea it had dairy in it.
Me neither, honestly. But just now I remember being at a chocolate history museum in my city, with my daughter years ago, the milk chocolate explained vs dark chocolate vs white chocolate...

In the bio and alternative food stores I kept seeing a number of different chocolatey spreads, but did not look into details...they might range from chocolate and cashew spread to sugarfree xy...
Personally, I stay away from overly sweet things for health reasons, as I've mentioned, and Nutella I have a strong aversion towards. I don't even like it when my daughter asks for it.
She can have a Nutella-be-ready stick as a treat now and then, but not a Nutella jar, that she would spoon out with a table spoon🤔 as she is still not good at controlling her sweet tooth. (Who is)
She has no weight issues. Nor allergies.
But with the anxiety and sleep issues, I try to moderate her chocolate and sweets and overly processed foods/desserts, as much as I can, and up her fruit and vegetable intake, as well as vit B complex, vit D , vit C.

But for you, I hope, if this is your desire, it may soon come to Australia and in the form you can enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom