Recipe Vegan roasted red pepper sauce

Herbaceous

Über Member
Local time
4:45 AM
This is a versatile sauce that can be served either hot or cold. It can be spooned onto a plate as a pretty backdrop for meats, used as pasta sauce, dip, or blended with chickpeas for hummus.

Ingredients:

4 red bell peppers, cored and halved
1 ripe avocado, cubed
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place peppers cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes. Transfer peppers to a sealable container (I just use a regular mixing bowl and put a plate overtop) and let cool for 5 minutes.

Peel skins off peppers (using your hands works best) and transfer to a blender. Add remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth. I do this in my Vitamix on the “soup” setting and it comes out hot, but if you don’t have a Vitamix and want to serve it warm, transfer to a pot and heat on the stove.

I served this over tortellini with some fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden.

IMG_9915.jpeg

IMG_9913.jpeg

This looks very nice. The avocado serves as a thickener. I also like how you leaned into the south of the border (or, in your case, south of south of the border :laugh: aspect of avocado, rather than pretending it's an Italian ingredient. I can even see using this puree as a dip with chips.

Back
Top Bottom