Weaving with Bacon

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
9:25 AM
Mod Edit: new thread started from What did you eat today thread.

This was supposed to be another avocado challenge recipe, but I’ll detail that over in the challenge topic.

I didn’t take a pic of the completed sandwich, since it didn’t work out, but here are some intermediate pics, anyway:

IMG_9164.jpeg

Bacon weave before

IMG_9166.jpeg

Bacon weave after

IMG_9165.jpeg

Tarragon mayonnaise

All of that was to make a deluxe “California” BLT, which in addition to the LT, also featured cucumber, broccoli sprouts, and avocado (which didn’t work out).

This is the first time I’ve done a bacon weave, and I think it’ll be my standard for BLTs from now on - no balancing strips of bacon on uncooperative fillings, only to have it break apart and shed bits of bacon out of the sandwich. Everything fit perfectly and stayed together wonderfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was supposed to be another avocado challenge recipe, but I’ll detail that over in the challenge topic.

I didn’t take a pic of the completed sandwich, since it didn’t work out, but here are some intermediate pics, anyway:

View attachment 117748
Bacon weave before

View attachment 117750
Bacon weave after

View attachment 117749
Tarragon mayonnaise

All of that was to make a deluxe “California” BLT, which in addition to the LT, also featured cucumber, broccoli sprouts, and avocado (which didn’t work out).

This is the first time I’ve done a bacon weave, and I think it’ll be my standard for BLTs from now on - no balancing strips of bacon on uncooperative fillings, only to have it break apart and shed bits of bacon out of the sandwich. Everything fit perfectly and stayed together wonderfully.
It's very neat. Are the ends folded under or cut?

Back
Top Bottom