1:56 AM
For 8 pralines I used:

Ingredients:

70 ml melted coconut butter
70 g white chocolate
3 Saffron strands
Cinnamon powder (optional)

Method:

Melt the coconut butter. Place Saffron in a bowl. Pour butter over Saffron while hot. Let steep for 5 or 10 minutes.

Meanwhile sprinkle cinnamon powder onto the bottom of each hole of the pralines mould ( I used a silicone mould).

Pour the Saffron infused butter back into the pot, on the stove. Reheat. Add chocolate. Stir until completely melted and emulsified.

Use a teaspoon to spoon the mixture into the mould. Let cool, refrigerate, let chill for 4 hours.

It does make a very special praline. Saffron dose I used is minimal, hence its taste is subtly present, but noticable.

It is summer, my kitchen has no AC, room temperature was possibly 29c to 31c. Pralines were stabile ( not melting away) for about 15 to 20 minutes, so if you need them to stand longer, refrigerate until next use.

Enjoy!

20240806_180105.jpg
20240806_180110.jpg

Very pretty Timenspace! Interestingly, Niki Segnit in her wonderful book The Flavour Thesaurus suggests pairing white chocolate and saffron. It's not something I would have thought of doing , so I reckon you were inspired! I like the simplicity of this recipe.

like the simplicity of this recipe.
Oh thank you, much appreciated.
It was a happy coincidence, if there is such, but I really liked the pralines. Saffron was an inspiration, for sure, as well as this challenge.
If I do them again, which I might around Christmas time, I would use the 'cooking kind' of white chocolate...which gives a smoother texture...

Back
Top Bottom