Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:28 AM
Steve's afternoon cheese Wotsits:

20240629_184326.jpg

Steve's afternoon cheese Wotsits:

View attachment 115514
My favourite crisps. Just had to remove a 6 pack from the shopping order because I know I’ll eat all six packs in one sitting and I’m supposed to be making efforts to cut out the junk 😂

I’d say Wotsits are not quite the same as cheese puffs.
Wotsits have a fractionally different consistency to something like Cheeto’s puffs. They’re a little softer, fall apart in a slightly different way, building up in mouth feel as you eat them with a strong flavour that increases as you scoff them down.

But then the Cheetos we get are manufactured in Europe because the American ones contain additives that are not permitted here so they probably taste different again over the pond 🤷‍♀️ I reckon if you’re used to normal cheese puffs Wotsits may well seem odd.

Yer I have eaten a lot of cheese puffs, wherever I go if I see them I buy them, I could bore you further on different cheese puff brands ingredients but I see this post is already too long in response to a post about a packet of crisps 😆

My favourite crisps. Just had to remove a 6 pack from the shopping order because I know I’ll eat all six packs in one sitting and I’m supposed to be making efforts to cut out the junk 😂

I’d say Wotsits are not quite the same as cheese puffs.
Wotsits have a fractionally different consistency to something like Cheeto’s puffs. They’re a little softer, fall apart in a slightly different way, building up in mouth feel as you eat them with a strong flavour that increases as you scoff them down.

But then the Cheetos we get are manufactured in Europe because the American ones contain additives that are not permitted here so they probably taste different again over the pond 🤷‍♀️ I reckon if you’re used to normal cheese puffs Wotsits may well seem odd.

Yer I have eaten a lot of cheese puffs, wherever I go if I see them I buy them, I could bore you further on different cheese puff brands ingredients but I see this post is already too long in response to a post about a packet of crisps 😆
My husband likes Cheetos but they are different from cheese puffs. Ge Cheetos i buy him are crunchy but cheese puffs are lighter. I'm sure you are correct about the flavor being different due to additives, though.

My husband likes Cheetos but they are different from cheese puffs. Ge Cheetos i buy him are crunchy but cheese puffs are lighter. I'm sure you are correct about the flavor being different due to additives, though.
I’m referring to the Cheetos ‘Puffs’ which here are the same as cheese puffs, not the crunchy stick jobs, we get those ones too. I like those as well.
And I seem to remember some Cheetos footballs, I don’t like those ones so much.

I’m referring to the Cheetos ‘Puffs’ which here are the same as cheese puffs, not the crunchy stick jobs, we get those ones too. I like those as well.
And I seem to remember some Cheetos footballs, I don’t like those ones so much.
I've never had Cheetos puffs. I like these:
20240701_193035.jpg
20240701_194433.jpg

The king of my children’s crisps choice is Dorito chilli heatwaves (with dip) but I think their choice is influenced but Uni activities.. 😆

In Spain my cheesy crisp of choice are Risketos which are like strongly flavoured cheese NikNaks (American classic Cheetos).

IMG_2278.jpeg

And my most childish enjoyment over there are ‘Jumpers’ butter flavour star shaped puffs!
IMG_2279.jpeg

I will confess every time I eat Risketos I wonder what the risk is and the Jumpers make me think ‘yer if you gave a jumper a bag of these they wouldn’t want to jump 😂

These Cheetos bad:

IMG_8658.png

Cheetos

These Cheetos good:
IMG_8659.png

Cheetos

Salty snacks like that are a huge weakness of mine…there aren’t many I don’t like.

Funyuns, Fritos, Munchos, Pringles, and something I can only find at little oddball stores these days - Cheez Waffies:

IMG_8661.jpeg

Walmart

Back
Top Bottom