Your other hobbies.

Me too! I’m fairly sure I’ll finish this, be very pleased with myself, and then be a bit disappointed when I suddenly remember I have to make a second one!
So far so good! I'm a reasonably OK knitter but haven't attempted socks. What is the colour? In one photo they look more pink and in the other red.

I made the heel and gusset!
View attachment 115039
Now you have me really curious. I've not seen that join at the SSK/K2tog seam before. What pattern are you following please?

Mine always come out like this... please excuse the dirty sock, I just literally photographed the one in wearing for ease.

20240623_080045.jpg

Outside, out

20240623_080107.jpg
Inside out.

These socks in my photos were knitted using 8ply or DK weight sock yarn. It makes the stitches clearer but more importantly is warmer in winter!.

I use a method similar to The Crazy Sock Lady.

So far so good! I'm a reasonably OK knitter but haven't attempted socks. What is the colour? In one photo they look more pink and in the other red.
I’ve also been knitting for a while but usually I just make easy stuff. This is my first attempt at socks.

The label lists the colour as “hot magenta”, so it’s more pinkish.

Now you have me really curious. I've not seen that join at the SSK/K2tog seam before. What pattern are you following please?

Mine always come out like this... please excuse the dirty sock, I just literally photographed the one in wearing for ease.

View attachment 115055
Outside, out

View attachment 115056Inside out.

These socks in my photos were knitted using 8ply or DK weight sock yarn. It makes the stitches clearer but more importantly is warmer in winter!.

I use a method similar to The Crazy Sock Lady.
I’m following the pattern “Easy peasy socks” by Stacey Trock: Easy Peasy Socks for First-Timers pattern by Stacey Trock

It’s entirely possible that I’ve screwed it up, but right now I’m just happy that it’s shaped like a sock. If I can manage this, a whole new world of sock knitting will open for me!

I’m following the pattern “Easy peasy socks” by Stacey Trock: Easy Peasy Socks for First-Timers pattern by Stacey Trock

It’s entirely possible that I’ve screwed it up, but right now I’m just happy that it’s shaped like a sock. If I can manage this, a whole new world of sock knitting will open for me!
Yep I think you may have "screwed it up".

This seam should be flat. I've highlighted the seam in question. I'm guessing the one in the other side might be similar. The link shows a seam the same as I've photographed above.

IMG_9379.jpeg

It looks like you've put the edges together and made a raised seam rather than lain them one on top of the other and knitted then together.

But it is also entirely possible that it's just the photograph making it look that way as well.

I know the first few pairs of socks I made 7 years ago didn't fit me. 😆

These were my very first pair. They're too big, both too long and too wide for me, so they are bed socks when I actually remember to remove the daytime socks that is!
SNSSO's My first socks

20230616_173358.jpg

By the way, there is a trick to getting the second sock to match the first.... and sock knitting is addictive. Ravelry tells me I've knitted 90 pairs, but I'm not certain all are in there. I thought the figure was around 100 pairs (I only do adult socks and I've got the smallest feet in my family at size euro 40.)

This pattern (Simply Curious Socks pattern by Helen Stewart) is free if you sign up to her newsletter. You'll get sent a code. The pattern is written line by line for each row, so you tick off each line as you go. Only print the size you need though!. Size is socks refers to circumference, not shoe size. It makes it easier to get the second sock identical to the first when you first start knitting socks.

Yep I think you may have "screwed it up".

This seam should be flat. I've highlighted the seam in question. I'm guessing the one in the other side might be similar. The link shows a seam the same as I've photographed above.

View attachment 115068

It looks like you've put the edges together and made a raised seam rather than lain them one on top of the other and knitted then together.

But it is also entirely possible that it's just the photograph making it look that way as well.

I know the first few pairs of socks I made 7 years ago didn't fit me. 😆

These were my very first pair. They're too big, both too long and too wide for me, so they are bed socks when I actually remember to remove the daytime socks that is!
SNSSO's My first socks

View attachment 115069

By the way, there is a trick to getting the second sock to match the first.... and sock knitting is addictive. Ravelry tells me I've knitted 90 pairs, but I'm not certain all are in there. I thought the figure was around 100 pairs (I only do adult socks and I've got the smallest feet in my family at size euro 40.)

This pattern (Simply Curious Socks pattern by Helen Stewart) is free if you sign up to her newsletter. You'll get sent a code. The pattern is written line by line for each row, so you tick off each line as you go. Only print the size you need though!. Size is socks refers to circumference, not shoe size. It makes it easier to get the second sock identical to the first when you first start knitting socks.
There is a bit of a ridge there, but I’m unwilling to frog at this point. I’ll fix it on the second sock. So far this is fitting my foot, which is good because I’m terrible at sizing stuff - the first sweater I ever made for my husband came out waaaaay too big. Luckily he likes looser sweaters!

You recommended the Simply Curious socks pattern to me before, and I do have it saved. I plan to make a pair of those next. I wanted to do these ones first since they’re smaller and worsted weight (so they’re quicker to make). Plus all my fingering weight yarns are really nice, and I wanted to get the hang of it first before I bust out and use up my pretty yarns!

Back
Top Bottom