Your other hobbies.

I finished the sock I was working on! Big thanks to SatNavSaysStraightOn for the pattern and the useful tips!
IMG_9972.jpeg

It fits perfectly, and I’m really quite pleased with myself!

Now I just need to make the second one…

I finished the sock I was working on! Big thanks to SatNavSaysStraightOn for the pattern and the useful tips!
View attachment 118332

Really well done. Now for the other one? One of the things I didn't like about knitting is having to do two of things. For a jumper I was OK doing arm one. Then when I got to the second arm I'd think, 'oh not again!'.

Again the colour isn't true. It's a much cooler colour than the picture shows, but I now have buttons. I've knitted 1 complete pair of socks and another single sock was finished last night, then I think I'll have used all of the self dyed yarn up from that colour combination

So because the pictures are a few pages back, I went on a yarn dying course where we had to take an inspiration photo.

IMG_0386_800.JPG

That was my inspiration, one i took in the Lofoten Islands. The midnight sun in the Lofoten Islands whilst we were trying to cycle around the world.

20230305_090549.jpg

20230305_133649.jpg

I have since knitted this cardigan and pair of socks and have another pair on the way.

20240909_075113.jpg
20240909_075121.jpg
20240825_103238.jpg

The socks are the true colour of the yarn. Very blue the same as my photo.

View attachment 118332

Brilliant

Note following that recipe, you'll easily be able to get the second on to match the first one in the length of the cuff, the leg and the foot & toe.

I made a note of how many rounds it took to finish the foot so that I can make the second sock match the first one!
There's a system for keeping track using little hooks call row keepers. You mark every 10 rounds on the first sock and as you get to the same place on the second sock, you remove the appropriate one on the first sock and put it onto the second.

I do it for both the cuff and all of the leg and foot but not for the toe. My last one will be the start of the toe which for me is always 18 rounds. That way you end up with 2 identical socks, not just 2 socks with the same length foot.

This sort of thing (https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0D355NDM8/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0). I avoid the plastic ones because they're too bulky for socks

Got inspired today to buy potted plants/flowers for the communal garden bed in front of my app building.

Nothing survives in my flat, and now I realize, I could tend to plants outside.

Let's see if I go through with the plan.

In my wild dreams, I'd love to know plants and be a gardenscaper ( horticulturist? Or a more elegant and accurate word?).

Wasn't sure what to do with the Hibiscus ( or so I think it is one, two)...so will google.

Would love more flowers down there.😍

20240910_110047.jpg

Back
Top Bottom