Your other hobbies.

Hibiscus is a tropical, or at least sub-tropical, flowering plant. Don't know what would happen to them in a European winter, to be honest.
Pretty sure they would die if outside exposed to cold.

You can make a tea with the dried flowers. The middle two of the pugs in my avatar loved to eat blossoms off the bush that had been shaped into a small tree that I used to have. They would eat the freshly fallen ones whenever they managed to escape into our courtyard where the tree was located. We had to limit their intake because the blossoms caused digestive tract issues.

Hibiscus is a tropical, or at least sub-tropical, flowering plant. Don't know what would happen to them in a European winter, to be honest.
I saw them everywhere around here, to my surprise...and I used my plant app to identify...it might be a hybrid, I don't know, will re check. Maybe it is a look alike...

I used my crafting skills, and prettied up my Mom's balcony of her apartment

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

All components from the Dollar Tree Store:

A bag of fabric Fall Leaves
A bag of mini wooden clothes pins
A pick of Fall doo-dads that I broke apart to separate them into individual pieces
My hot glue gun and a ball of jute twine from my crafting supplies bucket

Total cost $3.75 USD
Look on Mom & DH's faces - priceless!

The faux Ivy on the railing I found online and attached it to the railing using zip-ties and floral wire - again from my craft supply bucket.
I love to craft. I think that's just the part of me that likes to create things, just like with food.

Working on dressing my genie or harem girl or simply a shopkeeper with a good hook for my bazaar stall. Only picture of her top. Her skirt is still being made and for as tiny as she is is, less than 6 inches tall, she is anatomically correct.
20240917_124035.jpg

My version of mini hookahs.
20240913_121558.jpg

Last edited:
I have been AWOL for too long. medtran49 please tell me about your mini hookahs and your bazaar stall. Your hookahs are beautiful, and I assume meant to be ornamental. I would love to see how you make them. Don't worry, I will not get into hookah making. I am too involved in journal making. I am always interested in other crafting artist.

I have been AWOL for too long. medtran49 please tell me about your mini hookahs and your bazaar stall. Your hookahs are beautiful, and I assume meant to be ornamental. I would love to see how you make them. Don't worry, I will not get into hookah making. I am too involved in journal making. I am always interested in other crafting artist

The August project, which a lot of people, including myself, are still working on for the miniatures group I belong to was a Persian Grand Bazaar stall. The doll and the hookahs are part of that.

The hookahs are definitely decorative. Just made of beads, jewelry fittings and cord.

The young woman doll and a young man are the shopkeepers. They came up with a hook to draw in shoppers, are they a genie and her master or a deposed Sultan and 1 of his harem, or simply 2 beautiful young people?

20240916_131230.jpg

The shopkeepers. I have to do something with her hair, and he needs boots and a turban, both in progress, and maybe a ribbon color change from the royal blue, not sure I'm happy with the royal blue.
View attachment 118786
She’s not happy with him, I can tell. She needs a bespectacled Gary Oldman-looking American tourist type, in a snappy chapeau and closely-trimmed beard to come in there and put ol’ six-pack abs in his place… :wink:

George will be in the hospital 3 to 5 days. I am packing a travel craft kit to make small stuff - embellishments for journals. I will not have room to work on full blown journal making but I can make pen holders, pamphlet journals, mini journals, decorative clusters, bookplates, tags. All stuff I can use in my journals. I like having a stockpile of ephemera and embellishments on hand. When making journals I can reach into my stash and pull-out pretty stuff ready to use.
The shopkeepers. I have to do something with her hair, and he needs boots and a turban, both in progress, and maybe a ribbon color change from the royal blue, not sure I'm happy with the royal blue.
View attachment 118786
Bring Miss Thing's hair to the front of her shoulders. Cut jagged edges so her hair does not hide her bust. Put a very thin blue or silver head band across her forehead with tiny blue and silver beads. Put beads in her hair or bead a few strands of black embroidery floss. Glue the floss to the back of her head band.
Hunk does need footwear. Instead of boots I think he needs sandals that strap up to his knees. They both need earrings. Hunk needs hair. He looks too modern. Give him a black ponytail wig.
Looks like you are having lots of fun.

Back
Top Bottom