Your preferred coffee type

AgileMJOLNIR

Local time
6:34 PM
[Mod edit: copied to start a new topic (TR)]

Curious as to what types of coffees people are brewing now. I’m currently set up for Espresso (including lattes and cappuccino), cold brew, Vietnamese and pour over. These are my favorite styles anyways and I bounce back and forth between them.

Coffee nerds speak up! :wink:

IMG_3040.jpeg

Curious as to what types of coffees people are brewing now.
I’m very much a coffee anti-nerd…I just can’t get into that culture. My coffee requirements are hot and right now first and foremost, followed by least amount of fuss.

That said, I ordered an Aeropress (which I don’t care for at all - detailed somewhere on here, possibly even earlier in this topic), and that’s only until I use up the gabazillion filters that came with it, then I’m going to run over it with my lawn mower, I suppose. :laugh:

I’m just making what I’d call a standard diner mug, and I add half-and-half, no sugar. Sugar in coffee is one of the very, very few things that I absolutely will not drink (unless it’s Irish coffee, and even then, if I’m making one for myself, I usually skip it), and it’s nothing to do with any kind of coffee sacrilege, it’s just that coffee and sugar go together about as well as fish sticks and Skittles to my tastebuds.

Curious as to what types of coffees people are brewing now. I’m currently set up for Espresso (including lattes and cappuccino), cold brew, Vietnamese and pour over. These are my favorite styles anyways and I bounce back and forth between them.

Coffee nerds speak up! :wink:

View attachment 115194
Impressive setup. I drink espresso twice a day at least. I do it the easy way by using a Nespresso brewer from De Longhi. Since I put sugar in my espresso the subtleties of the coffee flavor are not so evident. I use my coffee grinder to brew regular coffee that my wife and I both drink black. I agree that freshly ground beans make a better brew.

it’s just that coffee and sugar go together about as well as fish sticks and Skittles to my tastebuds.
According to all the experts I know ( and there are many in Venezuela, because there is very high quality coffee here), coffee should never be drunk with sugar; always without. Mind you, a Scotch whisky buff will toss you in the Khyber Pass if you dare add soda or coke to the sacred liquid.
It all comes down to what you like. I like a good double expresso - with sugar.

Filter coffee...
Black, no sugar

And I use and like an aeropress :)

I do grind my own cofffee with a manual grinder, but that is mainly because the vacuum packaging here is not up to scratch.
People here drink mainly instant coffee. And not even nescafe, but something with chichory mixed in....
No resemblance to coffee at all!

I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. As long as it's fresh, I don't care what brand because I put so much cream (often flavored) and sugar that it doesn't matter. Now tea, on the other hand, is a different story...

Have no devices, or need no devices, other than an electric kettle for the boiling water. Needs to be kept simple and quick. I actually had to look up what I am drinking, it is Nescafe Gold decaff instant coffee, and Nescafe Gold Cappuccino, with caffein. The decaff I drink sugarless, the caff has sugar in it, but I water it down, so it does no harm. Same at work.

I try to avoid dairy, but there are certain coffees that I seem to tolerate, one is a local bakery chain, the other is a tobacco shop chain. That's for on the speedy go go go. They are premixed with some minor sugar quantity.

Drive in, McDonalds, decaff oat drink, and iced decaff oat drink...no sugar. My boyfriend likes a regular coffe with milk and a little bit of sugar.

My parents, mentioned in another thread, do still prepare an old traditional Turkish coffee, which foams beautifully on top. I do remember being taught, as a little girl, how to properly prepare it. The roast, whatever they buy , most likely a local brand featuring assumingly Arabica preground coffee meant to be 'cooked' this way.

The going out bar machine coffees, which are immensely popular localy, are usually too bitter or too sour for me, and not all the shops would offer plant based milk. So I opt for a juice or tea, depending on the season...or a Nescafe😊.

An elaborate post from me, minus the expertise😅😅...there were periods in life when I did not drink coffee. Interestingly so.

Currently I hope to descale from 3 a day to 2 a day, which is fine, as long as I don't work...and perhaps even 1 a day, unlikely, but let's see.

An elaborate post from me, minus the expertise😅😅...there were periods in life when I did not drink coffee. Interestingly so.

Currently I hope to descale from 3 a day to 2 a day, which is fine, as long as I don't work...and perhaps even 1 a day, unlikely, but let's see.
When I was young I didn't drink coffee (I started in my mid 20s) and I could drink 4-5 cups a day easily. That waned as I got older...in my 50s I was drinking only 2 cups a day, now at age 62 I drink 1 cup of tea followed by 1 cup of coffee and I drink water throughout the day after that. So that might gradually decrease for you, or maybe not.

So that might gradually decrease for you, or maybe not.
Interesting, how that oscillates...I don't know...we shall see...I gravitate toward lower blood pressure, and I feel I need the coffee 'kick' to get me moving properly...

Exercise could do the same, but with sleep problems and exhaustion from commuting and just life, and the lack of time, not much exercise is in for me in most of the mornings.

That too may change...

A blend of assorted flavored whole beans. I use a Cuisinart Grind & Brew. No fuss, just fill the bean hopper/grinder, add water to tank, and push the button. Nothing like fresh ground beans.

617IAYW1+6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Flavored whole coffee beans.

I bought a half lb. of each and made a blend of equal amounts of each. I like the flavor blend.

Coconut
Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Cinnamon Vienna
German Chocolate
Southern Pecan
Vermont Maple Walnut

I bought a half lb. each of these two, which will be used separately. (Haven't tried either yet)

Peppermint Patty
Pumpkin Spice

Back
Top Bottom