Zero cost car repair.

blades

Local time
1:51 PM
Yesterday my digital screen in the Subaru lit up like a christmas tree with warning lights and it turned off all the features. The best clue I had was the brake warning light. The brakes, however, were working perfectly. I got into my garage and set the electronic parking brake. It wouldn't set. Usually this sort of thing results from an inadequate level of brake fluid. Not the problem because I had changed the fluid and bled the brakes just last month.

So I jacked up the back of the car. I Removed the right rear wheel and went to see if the brake piston was stuck. It wasn't but the electrical connection was loose. So I pushed it back up and secured it to the brake caliper with a large, long cable tie. I went to the other side of the car and repeated the process. That connection was not loose but I added a cable tie to it anyway. Problem solved.

I already had the cable ties so there was no cost. Imagine what would have happened had I had the car towed to the dealer and had the dealer handle it. It would have been pricey. The car is back to normal. A win in what otherwise was an awful week. Yay!!!

Yesterday my digital screen in the Subaru lit up like a christmas tree with warning lights and it turned off all the features. The best clue I had was the brake warning light. The brakes, however, were working perfectly. I got into my garage and set the electronic parking brake. It wouldn't set. Usually this sort of thing results from an inadequate level of brake fluid. Not the problem because I had changed the fluid and bled the brakes just last month.

So I jacked up the back of the car. I Removed the right rear wheel and went to see if the brake piston was stuck. It wasn't but the electrical connection was loose. So I pushed it back up and secured it to the brake caliper with a large, long cable tie. I went to the other side of the car and repeated the process. That connection was not loose but I added a cable tie to it anyway. Problem solved.

I already had the cable ties so there was no cost. Imagine what would have happened had I had the car towed to the dealer and had the dealer handle it. It would have been pricey. The car is back to normal. A win in what otherwise was an awful week. Yay!!!

Nice work! I love it when a potential disaster doesn’t happen due to a cheap fix.
Especially if it’s cable ties, duct tape or epoxy resin 😂

Back
Top Bottom