Show me your breakfast (2024)

Yes they do. They have a web site, thecheese factory.com, that has their menu and locations.

The Godiva chocolate cheesecake I got is my MOST favorite and it is flourless. Not sure if it's entirely gluten free though.

Things are marked GF or skinny or whatever on the menu, but honestly I don't even look at the cheesecake menu anymore because I get the Godiva 99.95% of the time. Oh, the slices are not cheap, but they are HUGE. I rarely am able to finish mine in 1 setting as it's just so rich.
The one thing I do is mystery shop Doordash which has a "The Cheesecake Factory" ghost kitchen just for their desserts. It's a limited menu but since the desserts aren't cheap, it's worth it. I usually do them and give the desserts to the inlaws for a special treat. FIL likes that Reese's cheesecake.

Brekkie has changed for a number of reasons... it's now Oats soaked overnight in oat milk, served with (homemade) soy yoghurt, and home-grown raspberries.
20240507_064248.jpg

Well I didn't take any photos of breakfast as I have done so several times in the recent past, but I made buttermilk-oat pancakes with some added flour (more oats than flour), baking soda, baking powder, mashed ripe bananas, vanilla, egg, wheat germ, and blueberries. I topped them with some vanilla Greek yogurt, a dash of maple syrup, and honey. They came out very fluffy (because of the extra baking soda and baking powder) so they could handle the heft of the mashed bananas and blueberries. They were very filling and I think a bit more nutrient dense than traditional pancakes.

Last edited:
Ran out of tortillas, had to improvise:

View attachment 113492
I honestly don't know coming from a tortilla confused country know what sort of tortilla you're missing? 🤣

To my eyes there's already two types of tortillas on the plate, a crisp (chip) version and a soft rolled one.

I'm almost ready to throw in the towel 😂

I honestly don't know coming from a tortilla confused country know what sort of tortilla you're missing? 🤣
Well, I ran out of tortillas and had to replace them with tortillas. I should have just skipped the tortillas altogether and made a tortilla! :wink:

Translate: I ran out of flour tortillas for making breakfast burritos (a breakfast staple here), that’s why there’s only one burrito on my plate, accompanied by the filling of what should have been my second burrito, served with some tortilla chips on the side…and Spanish egg tortillas, made in a pan stuck up under the broiler (grill to you) are more commonly referred to as a frittata here, regardless of what the flavors in it are, just to keep it distinct from the aforementioned flour tortillas and the tortilla chips.

Well, I ran out of tortillas and had to replace them with tortillas. I should have just skipped the tortillas altogether and made a tortilla! :wink:

Translate: I ran out of flour tortillas for making breakfast burritos (a breakfast staple here), that’s why there’s only one burrito on my plate, accompanied by the filling of what should have been my second burrito, served with some tortilla chips on the side…and Spanish egg tortillas, made in a pan stuck up under the broiler (grill to you) are more commonly referred to as a frittata here, regardless of what the flavors in it are, just to keep it distinct from the aforementioned flour tortillas and the tortilla chips.
🤣 😂 🤣 🤣

Until your 'translation' arrived, or more accurately I got to it, I had that exactly the other way around. You ran out of the crisp tortillas so had to use a 'wrap'.

Confused. com lol

Last edited:
I honestly don't know coming from a tortilla confused country know what sort of tortilla you're missing?
Tortilla in Spain: Big fat eggy omelette with potatoes
Tortilla in Mexico: Thin bread, the size of a saucer, made from white ( or sometimes blue) corn which has been soaked in lye to remove the husk (nixtmalizado)
Tortilla in the US: a thin bread, made from flour, and known in Northern Mexico as a burrito. (translation means "little donkey", but I've got no idea why!)

Tortilla in Spain: Big fat eggy omelette with potatoes
Tortilla in Mexico: Thin bread, the size of a saucer, made from white ( or sometimes blue) corn which has been soaked in lye to remove the husk (nixtmalizado)
Tortilla in the US: a thin bread, made from flour, and known in Northern Mexico as a burrito. (translation means "little donkey", but I've got no idea why!)
I personally use corn tortillas mostly but occasionally flour. I qualify which I'm using specifically though. Sometimes I have nade my own tortillas and have even made tortillas that are half (wheat) flour and half masa harina.

I have to say that I definitely prefer corn tortillas, although over here in Venezuela, where corn grows everywhere, there ar no corn tortillas.
When we do Mexican at home, it's crumby flour tortillas.

Back
Top Bottom