Whatcha drinking (2023)?

PXL_20240523_181410718.jpg
PXL_20240522_201243475.jpg

I have several Ardbegs in my scotch cabinet, and I visited the distillery several years ago - one of my favourite places.
I stayed on Islay for 3 days, back in 2001. What a wonderfully peaceful island. Well worth the trip to visit my square foot of land at Laphroaig. The food was unbelievable.

I stayed on Islay for 3 days, back in 2001. What a wonderfully peaceful island. Well worth the trip to visit my square foot of land at Laphroaig. The food was unbelievable.
We visited in 2016. We were there during Feis Ile, their annual festival of scotch on the island.

10 days, 8 different distilleries, and we crammed in 22 events/tastings/dinners. I even managed to sample a couple of drams that were older than me (much easier back then!) My poor liver may never forgive me but it was worth it!
IMG_1717.jpeg

Here’s a photo I took just outside the door of the place we stayed.

That propeller thing is actually running, it just spins rather slowly. It’s meant to run off the bugs and sweat bees,
I have to say, when I first read that, I was left wondering how it used them to generate power... I know I slept badly last night but I think I might be better going back to bed once I've hung the washing out to (freeze) dry on the washing line. :o_o:

Back
Top Bottom