What are you baking today (2024)?

Does foccaccia count?
It did go in the oven after all :)
Gas oven. Would have liked it a bit browner on top. Nothing wrong with the taste though
IMG_20240508_092004_855.jpg

Yes it would if packed in a cooling bag, the crust is best when the butter can keep it solid as it has no other binding agents
That’s totally doable 👍
Just wondering if this would suit my family get together, my Pa adores apple crumble but mostly he adores complaining theres not enough crumble and too much apple 😂
This might be the fix!

I made Nigella Lawson's fairy cake recipe and added lemon. Usually I use the Hairy Bikers recipe, and this one was not superior. She recommends an oven temperature that didn't work that well for me, so they turned out slightly darker than usual. Still, they do taste good ❤️
20240511_070715.jpg

I'm going to bake a cake. Using a box of yellow cake mix and some orange marmalade with some orange marmalade cream cheese frosting. Hoping it turns out good!
Well my experiment worked out fine! I made mini cakes and some cupcakes.
20240511_203032.jpg
For the frosting, I took a Duncan Hines vanilla cream cheese frosting container and put it in a bowl with some orange marmalade and plain cream cheese and whipped it until it was light and fluffy. I used 2 litlle cakes and made a small layer cake and froze the rest. It's not pretty but everything tastes good!

Corn Bread
IMG_3929.JPG

Had some with dinner and then tomorrow I'll split pieces open, toast them and add loads of Butter & Honey to mine and just pure Maple Syrup to DH's... maybe a scrambled egg and some turkey sausage to go with...

Well my experiment worked out fine! I made mini cakes and some cupcakes.
View attachment 113462For the frosting, I took a Duncan Hines vanilla cream cheese frosting container and put it in a bowl with some orange marmalade and plain cream cheese and whipped it until it was light and fluffy. I used 2 litlle cakes and made a small layer cake and froze the rest. It's not pretty but everything tastes good!
Looks lovely! I started out like that too you know. It can help you learn what to look for.

Looks lovely! I started out like that too you know. It can help you learn what to look for.
I've never been much of a baker lol. I made this for my in-laws as they are coming to dinner tonight. It might be another year before I make a dessert, I sometimes just buy them!

Back
Top Bottom