Angel Delight

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:45 AM
Mod.edit: several posts moved to this new topic (MG)

If you don’t mind me asking (if you do please just ignore this) but what sort of age are you?
Angel Delight is the pudding of some very specific generations.

My son likes it and he is 34. I like it too and I'm a lot lot older. Probably depends whether you ate it and liked if as a kid. It's also a bit of a class thing maybe.

Angel Delight was released in 1967 by the Bird's company,[3] in a strawberries-and-cream flavour. By the 1970s, Bird's had doubled the market for instant desserts.[2] After a lull in popularity during the 1980s, a revival campaign, featuring Wallace & Gromit, was run in 1999.[2] In 2006 the brand was the best-selling line in the UK instant cold desserts sector.[4] The brand is now owned by Premier Foods.[5] The dessert was named Britain's 'favourite childhood dish' in a 2015 survey by Food Network.[6]
Wiki

Last edited:
My son likes it and he is 34. I like it too and I'm a lot lot older. Probably depends whether you ate it and liked if as a kid. It's also a bit of a class thing maybe.

Wiki
Maybe.
I definitely had it a fair amount as a kid but I don’t eat it now.
I didn’t know it had a revival.
I tried it out on my children, they weren’t keen so that was that.

If you don’t mind me asking (if you do please just ignore this) but what sort of age are you?
Angel Delight is the pudding of some very specific generations.
We still eat angel delight today, strawberry obviously with a flake crumbled over the top.

AD lovers split into two groups, those that rightly favour strawberry, and the monsters who for some strange reason prefer butterscotch 😉

Thankfully I don't. But I've never eaten AD, are you trying to warn me?
I can’t accurately remember what it tastes like.
I’ve put all four flavours in the basket and I’ll let you know.

IMG_2555.jpeg

I’m not doing the no added sugar ones though blurgh!
Now where are my prawn cocktail dishes 😂

Last edited:
Butterscotch preferred here. Yep it's a bit of a chemical taste. There are 5 main flavours and some new ones such as the strawberry magic with has sparkles that turn violet.

I’m on record as preferring nearly all lab-devised fruit flavors over natural ones. For a start, I love how exactly 100% do not taste anything like the fruit they’re named for. :laugh:

Fake banana is one of humankind’s greatest achievements.

Back
Top Bottom