Angel Delight

Can you make Angel Delight with any non dairy milks? Or does it need to be dairy for the magic to happen?
I've made jello pudding with almond milk and you have to use about half the amount of non-dairy so of course it will be nearly half the volume. It's not going to set quite as well even still and will be slightly looser. I'm assuming it would be the same with AD.

My expeeience using almond milk is that it doesn't work. I think maybe its because they add lecithin to almond milk here.
I wonder if the almond milk was cooked stovetop with some tapioca to thicken slightly then cooled before adding the AD if that would help?

I doubt it really but that would defeat the idea of AD which is instant!
I realize that, but a dairy free existence isn't an easy one so alterations have to be made...I also was thinking why not just make some dairy free pudding from scratch but I am sure it won't be the same (and that would take a heck of a lot longer than just thickening some almond milk with tapioca). I also remember years ago I made some pudding using chia seeds to thicken it, so that would be pretty low-effort.

SandwichShortOfAPicnic Angel Delight contains milk powder.

Last edited:
I realize that, but a dairy free existence isn't an easy one so alterations have to be made...I also was thinking why not just make some dairy free pudding from scratch but I am sure it won't be the same (and that would take a heck of a lot longer than just thickening some almond milk with tapioca). I also remember years ago I made some pudding using chia seeds to thicken it, so that would be pretty low-effort.

SandwichShortOfAPicnic Angel Delight contains milk powder.
Yes I’m aware but thanks for pointing it out 👍

It’s an intolerance not an allergy and a little bit’s ok. It’s cheese that causes quasoquake!

According to Birds it can only be made with dairy milk. If you try to use another milk it won’t set properly.
I think I’ll order an extra sachet and try a barista oat milk anyway.

Yes I’m aware but thanks for pointing it out 👍

It’s an intolerance not an allergy and a little bit’s ok. It’s cheese that causes quasoquake!

According to Birds it can only be made with dairy milk. If you try to use another milk it won’t set properly.
I think I’ll order an extra sachet and try a barista oat milk anyway.
Do you have any tapioca on hand or other gluten-free thickener you can use? I read multiple links from people who tried it in addition to the Birds statement and all of them said the same thing, didn't work.

Do you have any tapioca on hand or other gluten-free thickener you can use? I read multiple links from people who tried it in addition to the Birds statement and all of them said the same thing, didn't work.
I do have a few but I think I’ll just make the different flavours with normal milk and the one non-dairy I’ll see how it fairs with the barista oat milk because that plant based milk is much thicker than any other non-dairy milk that’s available.

Thanks for looking 😊
Lovely that we all have access to the same amazing source of information and can share things like this.

I thought jello was that squickly (spelling) sort of pudding or am I confiusingit with jelly?
Saroma is made with cold milk although mam sometimes made it with buttermilk

I thought jello was that squickly (spelling) sort of pudding or am I confiusingit with jelly?
Saroma is made with cold milk although mam sometimes made it with buttermilk
There is Jello gelatine and Jello pudding, which are vastly different. I think Jello gelatine is what people in the UK call jelly, I think I remember a thread about that some years ago. Jello pudding is made with milk.

1728325248933.png

I only know jello gelatine.
The jello pudding could be similar.
Doesn't need cooking. Takes about 5 minutes to set in the fridge?

Saroma comes in lots of flavours. My favourite was chocolate

Windigo : is saroma still popular?

I only know jello gelatine.
The jello pudding could be similar.
Doesn't need cooking. Takes about 5 minutes to set in the fridge?

Saroma comes in lots of flavours. My favourite was chocolate

Windigo : is saroma still popular?
We have Dr. Oetker in the US (ours does not have saroma on the box). But it's about the same as Jello pudding in taste and consistency. Jello pudding comes in a variety of flavors as well. I prefer chocolate to the vanilla as well, but there is also cheesecake, pistachio, etc.
1728326241057.png

Back
Top Bottom