Best way to blanch corn

the corn comes outa this thing so smooth and creamy
Curious. Over here on Venezuela they do exactly the same thing to fresh corn, and then pour a cup on a hotplate and make like a pancake out of it. Folded over, a piece of fresh white cheese in the middle, bingo. It's called a cachapa over here. Apart from the white cheese - is that what you do?
1722821728284.png

NO !! look at the last picture and you will see how we cook it , all we do is coat the bottom of a skillet with veg.oil (med heat ) add the corn and salt and pepper ( black pepper ) to taste , cook it until it thickens , thats all there is to it
put it on your plate and eat it with fresh corn bread and your favorite sausage and enjoy , the kind of sweet corn we buy is called "peaches and cream " its sweet as candy !!

we have spent most of the day today cleaning the house after doing all that corn , i don't know how but corn got into 1/2 the house , tomorrow we have to take the shuckes and cobs down to the street for the garbage man to pick up. man as much as i love the corn , i'm glad its over !!!

you will see how we cook it , all we do is coat the bottom of a skillet with veg.oil (med heat ) add the corn and salt and pepper ( black pepper ) to taste , cook it until it thickens , thats all there is to it
That's exactly the same way we do it over here, BUT, the presentation is different. White cheese in the middle, folded over. Yours stays flat and you eat it with sausage.
In some places, they'll top it with abundant pulled pork.

That's exactly the same way we do it over here, BUT, the presentation is different.
grumpyoldman will have to give the last word, of course, but I don’t think he’s cooking his long enough to solidify and be foldable. I believe his version stays in the creamy-liquidy stage.

grumpyoldman will have to give the last word, of course, but I don’t think he’s cooking his long enough to solidify and be foldable. I believe his version stays in the creamy-liquidy stage.
your gettting to know me haha , and yes it stays nice and creamy , we only cook it until it thicken just a bit , it goes great with a lot of other veggies and of course corn bread , oh and it also goes best with pork chops , or pork sausage

now to get back on topic : the way we blanched this corn was by using a hold over from my BBQ business , i still have a couple of table top electric steam tables, so we put the creamed corn in those to avoid scorching the corn , when the corn reached 199 degrees ( 92c ) we took it out and cooled it , then bagged it and put it in the freezer,
the reason for the temp of 199 is that we live 6,500 ft above sea level and water boils at this temp here !!

Back
Top Bottom