Recipe Buckwheat couscous vanilla pudding

Timenspace

Legendary Member
Local time
4:07 AM
Ingredients:

Store bought 1 package vanilla flavoured pudding powder ( or other flavours you prefer)
250 ml soy milk ( any other milk you prefer)
10 ml liquid stevia ( or the amount of regular sugar indicated on the pudding package)
3 ml liquid vanilla essence ( or other aroma if you prefer, can be omitted)
8 g of vanilla enhanced sugar

125 g buckwheat couscous
250 ml hot water ( but not boiling)

For decorating: ( optional, one can substitute all to preference)

2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
4 tablespoons of any jam (I used homemade grapefruit and nectarine compote)
Half a fresh nectarine (any fruit you love will do)
4 pecans (or other nuts or any other decoration you fancy)

Method:

Boil some water and let it cool for a while, you may proceed with the pudding meanwhile.

Follow the pudding instructions, simply take out 2 tablespoons of cold soy milk and mix thoroughly with the pudding powder. Heat up the remaining soy milk.

Include the cold powder- milk mixture and stirr ibto the heated milk. It takes a very short time, 2 minutes possibly to get it to pudding consistency (or follow the pudding instructions). Set aside.

Pour the couscous into the hot water. Let soak for 15 minutes. Or follow the specific instructions for the couscous you use.

Prepare the decorations and glasses or bowls for serving.

Mix the pudding and couscous by stirring it thoroughly, until even. Divide into portions. I got 2 (medium) glass bowls and a tiny bowl for testing out of this quantity. Decorate and enjoy!

It is good both warm and cold.

Definitely a dessert I would want to do again, lovely taste and texture. With the different contrasting toppings an enjoyable, very light, very simple and quick to prepare dessert.

It can be gluten free and dairy free and vegan, or not, if you choose to make it adjusted to your dietary needs.

20240712_195714.jpg
20240712_200045.jpg
20240712_194658.jpg
20240712_201324.jpg
20240712_201314.jpg
20240712_201514.jpg

Thank you! Indeed it has. Smooth but grits-like at the same time. Lightly sweet with punches of the sweeter/bitterer/juicier,tangier toppings...

Back
Top Bottom