Cats and plants

TVC bought me a pot if beautiful lillies for our anniversary, they are starting to die off, bit concerned as they are supposed to be toxic to cats. Not sure what to do with them once the flowers are removed.
Just leave them in the pot. When the flowers /leaves die off, put them in the greenhouse/shed/garage/ cupboard. Once winter is over, take them out again, put them in a sunny spot and start watering them. They'll grow again.
I had a whole border of the garden full of Japanese lillies. Eventually, I dug them out because they only flowered once a year/.

I think if you only cut back the flower stems and leave the leaves it's best. I'm no garden expert so if you research it you will find out more expert advice.

Just leave them in the pot. When the flowers /leaves die off, put them in the greenhouse/shed/garage/ cupboard. Once winter is over, take them out again, put them in a sunny spot and start watering them. They'll grow again.
I had a whole border of the garden full of Japanese lillies. Eventually, I dug them out because they only flowered once a year/.

Thankyou both for your input, just wasn't sure what to do but didn't want to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom