Cinnamon butter/margarine . . .

CookieMonster

Über Member
Local time
10:15 PM
once upon a time . . . Country Crock had a cinnamon flavored spread.
and, like all good things,,,, has apparently been discontinued.

it was a DW fav - so it seems to me, so me said to meself . . . how hard can it be to "recreate" that?

now . . . it is unclear whether it was 'just cinnamon' or 'cinnamon&sugar'
anyone know?

obviously, I can/will experiment, adding a bit more cinnamon at a time until it is pronounced "right"
but any experiences with how much cinnamon and/or sugar it takes to make such a mix?
aging/curing/etc required?
other experiences?

ps: I"ll be out of pocket visiting DD#2 until late Thursday . . . so, no rush.....

I can't say I've ever seen it or tried it, but it caught my attention. Love some pancakes for breakfast and that would be a great addition.
I had a look online and, mostly, the ingredients are just butter, sugar and cinnamon, although some add honey and vanilla.
The approximate quantities are, for every stick (113 gms) of butter, a little less than half that amount of sugar. With the cinnamon, not a single recipe agreed, but I'd say, on average, about a tsp. Since you talk about ageing, I'd probably go for 3/4 tsp per stick, leave it till the following day, and then adjust, if necessary.
Some of the recipes also added honey and vanilla. Those that added honey must be on a permanent sugar rush, because it meant about 80% sweet vs butter! Vanilla? it's up to you.
Let us know how you get on and what the final recipe is!

once upon a time . . . Country Crock had a cinnamon flavored spread.
and, like all good things,,,, has apparently been discontinued.

it was a DW fav - so it seems to me, so me said to meself . . . how hard can it be to "recreate" that?

now . . . it is unclear whether it was 'just cinnamon' or 'cinnamon&sugar'
anyone know?

obviously, I can/will experiment, adding a bit more cinnamon at a time until it is pronounced "right"
but any experiences with how much cinnamon and/or sugar it takes to make such a mix?
aging/curing/etc required?
other experiences?

ps: I"ll be out of pocket visiting DD#2 until late Thursday . . . so, no rush.....
It's got to have some sort of sweetener in it, just plain cinnamon would be bland. I know that Texas Roadhouse makes a cinnamon butter that is lightly sweetened for their yeast rolls. The rolls are already a little sweet so they don't need too much sweetener in the butter.
I can't say I've ever seen it or tried it, but it caught my attention. Love some pancakes for breakfast and that would be a great addition.
I had a look online and, mostly, the ingredients are just butter, sugar and cinnamon, although some add honey and vanilla.
The approximate quantities are, for every stick (113 gms) of butter, a little less than half that amount of sugar. With the cinnamon, not a single recipe agreed, but I'd say, on average, about a tsp. Since you talk about ageing, I'd probably go for 3/4 tsp per stick, leave it till the following day, and then adjust, if necessary.
Some of the recipes also added honey and vanilla. Those that added honey must be on a permanent sugar rush, because it meant about 80% sweet vs butter! Vanilla? it's up to you.
Let us know how you get on and what the final recipe is!
I think the honey is an awesome idea, but I use cinnamon and honey in my tea quite often. The vanilla sounds nice for a butter spread too, though I would likely keep to just cinnamon personally. I am definitely partial to honey over sugar and also undoubtedly prefer butter to margarine.

Back
Top Bottom