CookingBites list of spices

These are not related to plums (except by name only) at all. Plums are all in the Prunus domestica

Scientific names are:
Terminalia ferdinandian for Kakadu Plum
Davidsonia jerseyana and Davidsonia pruriens for Davison's plum.

The limes are in the same family as 'normal' limes.

Anise Myrtle my mistake I missed removing that one from the list.

All as berries or ground
Mountain pepperberry (also Tasmanian pepperberry) (Tasmannia lanceolata)
Alpine Pepperbush (related to above)
Brush Pepper Bush (Tasmannia insipida)

These are not peppercorns (Piper nigrum) or related to them, hence why I included them.
Will get to this later and amend the list.

Makovnjača, a roll with poppy filling
i did a vegan version of that a while back... OK - I lie, it was Potivica Recipe - Povitica - Poppy Seed Roll or Strudel... OK - checking on it, it seems that it is indeed the same thing, only I made the Polish version.

I also have some dumplings that use poppy seeds - Recipe - Baked Walnut & Poppy Seed Dumplings with Béchamel and great poppy seed cake (Recipe - Blue Poppy Seed Cake), they are called blue poppy seeds to add to the naming convention fun!

These are not related to plums (except by name only) at all. Plums are all in the Prunus domestica

Scientific names are:
Terminalia ferdinandian for Kakadu Plum
Davidsonia jerseyana and Davidsonia pruriens for Davison's plum.

The limes are in the same family as 'normal' limes.

Anise Myrtle my mistake I missed removing that one from the list.

All as berries or ground
Mountain pepperberry (also Tasmanian pepperberry) (Tasmannia lanceolata)
Alpine Pepperbush (related to above)
Brush Pepper Bush (Tasmannia insipida)

These are not peppercorns (Piper nigrum) or related to them, hence why I included them.

Think I've done all these now.

also have some dumplings that use poppy seeds - Recipe - Baked Walnut & Poppy Seed Dumplings with Béchamel and great poppy seed cake (Recipe - Blue Poppy Seed Cake), they are called blue poppy seeds to add to the naming convention fun!
It took me some time, to find time to look at those recipes, sorry for the delay. The cake looks lovely!
I couldn't find pics of the dumplings, but they must be tasty and delicious too. Walnut& poppy, probably pecan& poppy really go well together...

Searching for more recipes, I found several, not traditional local ones, well one is Turkish originally(Revani), I never had that one, but I imagine, if you don't have to watch your sugar intake, could be amazing. Maybe some subs would work for the syrup...

The second one are poppy cubes with choc top, I had those locally, and remember they were fantastic, those would be, I suspect, contemporary...possibly very common...

The third one are balls with poppy ( ground cookies/biscuits)...

I've saved all 3 links and will try at least no 2 and 3, and may post a (translated) recipe then. Surely those will have nothing unheard of inside, but might be nice.

I love poppy desserts, so my motivation is present. Might be late again, due to lack of time, but hopefully before school starts...beg Sept😊😊

Back
Top Bottom