Do you like/dislike aubergine (eggplant)?

How have I missed that over the past 4 years? I thought I was the only one here who doesn't like them.
I'm not a huge fan. I like them salted, floured and fried but even then I'd prefer the skin removed.

I think they ruin moussaka with their floppy flesh and metallic tasting skin.

Going to hide now as I suspect that's not a popular opinion 😆

Going to hide now as I suspect that's not a popular opinion 😆
It is honest and brave to express likes and dislikes.
I love eggplant. In particular baked, minced, and joined with baked bell peppers, cooked tomatoes and garlic ( and onion? I forget if it has onion)...to form a sort of a bread spread. It was called Kyopoolu, in Bulgaria.

To me touching raw fish with bare hands is a nooo, no no. Sushi is not a treat for me equally...unfortunately...raw meat terrifies me equally...but I am getting better😃

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's an Ohio thing. My son, DIL and grandson won't even look at aubergine/eggplant :laugh:
But I'm not from Ohio any more than you're from Venezuela! I'm from Florida. I just live in Ohio currently.

My whole family loves eggplant and growing up i spent long hours at the dinner table after everyone else was finished eating because I refused to eat it. Went through the same battles with liver, sweet potato/yams, cottage cheese, and more. Finally mum gave up trying to force me to eat them.

Yeah…not for me, but I think I’ve made two eggplant dishes for one of the challenges, regardless.
I remember. I think you posted you had never cooked one before. I made some recipes for that challenge but ended up not entering I think...I had made some eggplant "crackers" (chips/crisps) that weren't bad and an eggplant and salmon dip that was pretty darned good, but knowing it was in there bothered me so going forward I just made my salmon dip the same way I always did before with no eggplant and was perfectly content, LOL. The "crackers" were time consuming and I would not go out of my way to do that again, but for those with gluten issues it might be something to consider. The second link below shows how I made those eggplant chips/crisps/crackers.

What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

I remember. I think you posted you had never cooked one before. I made some recipes for that challenge but ended up not entering I think...I had made some eggplant "crackers" (chips/crisps) that weren't bad and an eggplant and salmon dip that was pretty darned good, but knowing it was in there bothered me so going forward I just made my salmon dip the same way I always did before with no eggplant and was perfectly content, LOL. The "crackers" were time consuming and I would not go out of my way to do that again, but for those with gluten issues it might be something to consider. The second link below shows how I made those eggplant chips/crisps/crackers.

Something for people with gluten issues to consider if they'd lost their taste buds 😆

Back
Top Bottom