Empanada pastry recipe??

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:42 PM
I'm making beef curry puffs tomorrow as a trial. I have the filling sorted but pastry mix I used for my samosas isnt flexible enough. They split when trying to fold them.
karadekoolaid perhaps you can help???
The one I use is flour salt and butter. THAT doesn't work for me..
HELP please

Russ

@karadekoolaid perhaps you can help???
Hello, mate. I'd say you probably need to freeze your dough for a while before using it. I don't know what proportions you're using, so that might be an issue! Freeze it, then thaw it out so it rolls out evenly. OR go and buy some puff pastry and use that, but I'm pretty sure you want them home made. Send me the recipe for the dough.

Can you find this in your stores?

4133109350-009.jpg

Hello, mate. I'd say you probably need to freeze your dough for a while before using it. I don't know what proportions you're using, so that might be an issue! Freeze it, then thaw it out so it rolls out evenly. OR go and buy some puff pastry and use that, but I'm pretty sure you want them home made. Send me the recipe for the dough.

Are you sure you mean puff pastry? Maybe shortcrust would be better? Empanadas don't generally use puff pastry (to my knowledge) and I reckon the result could be rather 'greasy' if frying them. But perhaps rascal is baking them.

rascal - it sounds as if your dough needs more liquid adding to make it more pliable. It would be useful to know the proportions of ingredients in your pastry.

Are you sure you mean puff pastry? Maybe shortcrust would be better? Empanadas don't generally use puff pastry (to my knowledge) and I reckon the result could be rather 'greasy' if frying them. But perhaps @rascal is baking them.
All the recipes I've seen use (bought) puff pastry, and I suppose that's because it's easier. I agree with you, however - empanada pastry uses far less oil/fat. They're curry "puffs"because they puff up.

Are you sure you mean puff pastry? Maybe shortcrust would be better? Empanadas don't generally use puff pastry (to my knowledge) and I reckon the result could be rather 'greasy' if frying them. But perhaps rascal is baking them.

rascal - it sounds as if your dough needs more liquid adding to make it more pliable. It would be useful to know the proportions of ingredients in your pastry.

1 cup of flour pinch salt 50gms butter water to mix. That's for 25 samosas though.
Ok I'm confused now lol.

Russ

Deep frying also

Russ

Back
Top Bottom