Everything's better with butter (and garlic)

Local time
3:32 PM
(Mod.edit: posts moved to new topic (MG))

This reminds me of what happened when I decided I wanted to make a "0 weight watchers points" pancake recipe. I tried using bananas as the key ingredient, with whipped egg whites as a binder, but it never got crisp, no matter how long I cooked them (until they burned, that is). So, I had to add some flour. In this case, you might have to add some butter to get that effect here (maybe even coat the pan with it). If I do make this recipe, I'll try that.

Everything’s better with butter 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does! But then I like to roast enough whole bulbs of garlic that everyone has a whole one with their sunday roast so I’m already a lost cause 😂
You're my sister from another mister! I too love roasted garlic. I tend to use at least semi-roasted garlic in all my recipes, especially where it calls for raw garlic as semi-roasting/roasting makes it less harsh. And then I can use more!
Fits right in with "If garlic is good then more garlic is better."
While I like that idea quite well, medtran49 has a few stories about how that didn't end up being true...

You're my sister from another mister! I too love roasted garlic. I tend to use at least semi-roasted garlic in all my recipes, especially where it calls for raw garlic as semi-roasting/roasting makes it less harsh. And then I can use more!

While I like that idea quite well, medtran49 has a few stories about how that didn't end up being true...
Exactly, take the harsh edge off and use even more lovely garlic ❤️

Yes it does! But then I like to roast enough whole bulbs of garlic that everyone has a whole one with their sunday roast so I’m already a lost cause 😂
I sometimes buy a commercially available vinaigrette called Garlic Expxressions. It is really quite good. At the end of each bottle about a half dozen highly pickled cloves of garlic fall out onto the salad. It is my favorite thing about the product.

I sometimes buy a commercially available vinaigrette called Garlic Expxressions. It is really quite good. At the end of each bottle about a half dozen highly pickled cloves of garlic fall out onto the salad. It is my favorite thing about the product.
That's good stuff.

My mum used to put butter on everything. She'd use about a whole packet (200 gms) in her famous "Cheese Pie", which was actually mashed potatoes, Cheddar and butter.
Never did any sport, never jogged, never went on a diet.
Passed last year at the age of 95...

Moral of the story: sometimes, your genes will sort it all out for you!

My mum used to put butter on everything. She'd use about a whole packet (200 gms) in her famous "Cheese Pie", which was actually mashed potatoes, Cheddar and butter.

But mostly they don’t 😂

True that, but I also think it's got to do a lot with the quality of your diet. Ultra processed foods, sodas etc are bad whether you become fat of them or not. Butter is a natural food with very little additives, which I believe is always healthier than processed foods.

Genetics sure matter too, for example my entire family on the father's side is fat but nobody has diabetes or other related health issues. I do have health issues, but none of them are caused by me being fat directly. I had the same issues when I was young and still skinny.
I try to have as natural a diet as possible, and so far my bloodwork when it comes to cholesterol, diabetes etc is always right on the mark.

And who would want to live without garlic or butter?? Quality of life is important too!

Definitely agree on the garlic side.
Less so on butter, although I do enjoy steak fried in butter.
But normally it goes onthe charcoal grill, which I like even better.
Most cooking is with olive or sunflower oil.
I do not like butter on bread.... Sorry....

Back
Top Bottom