Fish on the menu

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:38 AM
[Mod.comment: posts moved to start a new thread (MG)]

‘Twould have never passed through the door!
You have been to restaurants where they serve seafood. Are you saying you would never go to a Japanese restaurant, regardless if they have a lot of cooked food on the menu? Hibachi? Have you never been to one?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been to restaurants where they serve seafood. Are you saying you would never go to a Japanese restaurant, regardless if they have a lot of cooked food on the menu? Hibachi? Have you never been to one?
Does Benihana count? That’d be the extent of my experience with Japanese restaurants.

But yeah, if a place were serving puffer fish, I can make a fairly accurate assumption that I’d be moving on to another restaurant, just because it wouldn’t be the type of place I’d eat.

Does Benihana count? That’d be the extent of my experience with Japanese restaurants.

But yeah, if a place were serving puffer fish, I can make a fairly accurate assumption that I’d be moving on to another restaurant, just because it wouldn’t be the type of place I’d eat.
Uni most likely was on that menu as well. Yuck.

But yes, Benihana counts as Hibachi (actually it's teppanyaki). But I am sure they didn't/don't sell any blowfish on the menu.

Last edited:
Uni most likely was on that menu as well. Yuck.

But yes, Benihana counts as Hibachi (actually it's teppanyaki). But I am sure they didn't/don't sell any blowfish on the menu.
I went just the once, was not my choice, and I wouldn’t go back.

Those terms always get jumbled. Over here it's likely to be called Teppanyaki regardless of the heat source.
Funnily enough it's the youngest's turn to cook lunch tomorrow and he has chosen to do Teppanyaki!

Damn I forgot to get a newspaper, it always makes a terrible mess!

Those terms always get jumbled. Over here it's likely to be called Teppanyaki regardless of the heat source.
Funnily enough it's the youngest's turn to cook lunch tomorrow and he has chosen to do Teppanyaki!

Damn I forgot to get a newspaper, it always makes a terrible mess!
Yeah I used to read newspapers, you are right, the journalists usually do make a terrible mess (LMAO). I know you were talking about Teppanyaki. :laugh:

Sandwiches with your homemade lunch meat?
Thats available to the hungry hoards everyday 😂
I smoked some chicken breast this morning for sandwich meat so a bit of change, I forgot about them, I'll take a pic later, they look horrendous but the extra time in the smoker has lead Mr SSOAP to say they taste like kippers, a fish that some people treat like it's poisonous.

Did you like my attempt to swerve back on topic? 😆

Thats available to the hungry hoards everyday 😂
I smoked some chicken breast this morning for sandwich meat so a bit of change, I forgot about them, I'll take a pic later, they look horrendous but the extra time in the smoker has lead Mr SSOAP to say they taste like kippers, a fish that some people treat like it's poisonous.

Did you like my attempt to swerve back on topic? 😆
A lot of restaurants here serve walleye and perch. I have both in my freezer so maybe I'll cook some tonight!

Back
Top Bottom