Hello from the West country

janine05

Local time
6:53 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm Janine from Gloucester in the UK. I'm a 19 year old Media studies student and I love baking and cooking not just as a hobby but as a way to unwind and destress. I have been baking for about 2 years. I was looking for recipe's online and this forum came up so I thought I'd join.

I've recently made a blackberry pie, blackberries are ripe here at the moment as its coming to the end of the season. Looking forward to seeing other peoples baking skills and hoping to learn a lot.

A bit nervous about asking dumb questions. I will try and answer any questions sent my way so please feel free to reach out. Looking forward to making new friends.

Janine

Hey, Janine (or Jeanine) is my name in the real world ( too.)...welcome! You and me both will be asking all sorts of questions, and learn from them!
My daughter is 16, so you are not too far apart in age...
She loves cooking and baking too, but is not on the forum yet...
🤗

Hi Janine

Welcome :welcome: to CookingBites. You have no idea if the can of worms you're about to open!

We have rescue chooks as well by the way. But it's hard to get anymore at the moment because of travel restrictions because of Avian flu. You can't even take a bird to the vets at the moment. I had to resort to videoing my chook and taking that for the vet to see because I needed antibiotics and an anti-inflamtory for my eldest chook, Lily, during the week. She's almost 9 yrs old now. We recently lost our to chook just before she was 12yrs old.

Have fun and meet us know what you eat in the What did you cook or eat today (September 2024) thread. Photos are always welcome but not mandatory.

SNSSO

Hi Janine, welcome from Ohio US! Glad you’ve joined, and don’t worry about asking “dumb” questions, that’s how we all learn. Jump right in!

Hello everyone,

I'm Janine from Gloucester in the UK. I'm a 19 year old Media studies student and I love baking and cooking not just as a hobby but as a way to unwind and destress. I have been baking for about 2 years. I was looking for recipe's online and this forum came up so I thought I'd join.

I've recently made a blackberry pie, blackberries are ripe here at the moment as its coming to the end of the season. Looking forward to seeing other peoples baking skills and hoping to learn a lot.

A bit nervous about asking dumb questions. I will try and answer any questions sent my way so please feel free to reach out. Looking forward to making new friends.

Janine
I had a teacher in school that always said, "There are no dumb questions."

Welcome to the forum!

ALOHA janine05 !!!
Hello and welcome from a little homesick island gal.
I'm originally from Kaneohe Oahu Hawaii USA; I've retired, along with my husband, and we've moved to Northern Arizona USA.
I love to bake, well, and cook and grill/BBQ and preserve foods and, well just about anything related to food.
I even like to just go to the markets and look around, who knows, you might find something interesting, or learn something new from say the butcher or the produce manager.
I look forward to your posts here at CookingBites.

Thank you for the nice welcomes everyone. I didn't realise this forum would have so many people from all around the world. So many different cultural culinary ideas. When I use someones recipe or dish I will let them know and whether my friends or family liked it.

Janine
We have a bookmark facility that you may or may not have noticed.

It works on a per post basis, so you can bookmark more than just recipes. You build your own filter system for it, if you want to. Just click the bookmark symbol in the top right of each post, and the rest should be obvious.

To access the list, you'll need to click on your avatar on the top bar, and select, oddly enough, bookmark list. Or just follow this link
https://www.cookingbites.com/bookmarklist/

Back
Top Bottom