How do you hold your dish towel when cooking?

The dish cloth is tucked into a cupboard handle, about 80cm heigth, and a paper towel roll is on the fridge...I swap the use...if its oily and or tomatoey ...or messy of any sort I will use the paper towel...the dish cloth is mainly for drying out hands washed in soap.

Touching hot pans/pan handles I like to do with a sillicon half-glove ( the shape of a raindeer head😅😅 yep, was a Christmas collection), but it is not particularly good, i.e.gets hot too, very quickly😆😁...( too cute to throw out,I guess)... but more serious stuff or stuff needing longer handling time I approach with a proper insulated cloth/sillicon glove...

I used to have a thick quilt looking cloth-for the hot lids, but I discarded.

My Grandma used a towel to hold hot kitchen pots and all...

AProns, yes, love the extra protection, so that the stain removal liquid can be saved on( if I need a reason😅)... or just loving the styles ...don't know😂😁

My wife already did. So have I. Ditto.
So all the burnt ones, with holes in them, are squirreled away in my private hoard. I take them out when cooking and they are always close by. Never in one particular place; just close by.
I was trying to wrap my head around that, how do they get burnt? I only use designated pot holders for taking pans out of the oven...

I don’t have any burnt ones, but most of mine are very stained. I think it’d be much easier to burn the corner of a towel on a gas cooktop than electric - you’d get a little time to react with the electric burner.

I don’t use pot holders at all. I don’t even have any. To fetch things from the oven, I use either an Ove-Glove or a dish towel.

I don’t have any burnt ones, but most of mine are very stained. I think it’d be much easier to burn the corner of a towel on a gas cooktop than electric - you’d get a little time to react with the electric burner.

I don’t use pot holders at all. I don’t even have any. To fetch things from the oven, I use either an Ove-Glove or a dish towel.
But an ove glove is a pot holder! A dish towel isn't. I'm surprised at you tasty. Lol

Most of my dish towels are black...

Back
Top Bottom