How do you make your pasta?

Isn't it always soup weather?
If you count in cold soups, than perhaps yes.
Depends on one's habits, I guess.

I know friends who will drink hot tea in a hot summer...for some it is wonderful...

Generally, I'd eat warm soup in cold weather, and cold soup, or rarely a warm or no soup in hot weather...but if it suits you to just do the opposite, why not...

those type of basket
Yes. I'VE seen that in reportages...to me unusual, but am willing to try...
So far, we would only add raw dill or parsley leaves, more for garnish and taste, all the other vegetables would be cooked...
Nothing wrong, in fact enriching to do entirely differently!

@karadekoolaid beat me to a lot of them :)
Sorry about that!!
You've obviously had first hand experience from SE Asia so your suggestions are great. From my limited experience of Vietnamese food, Im beginning to form an opinion that their cuisine is the jewel of the area, with Indonesia not far behind. When I was in London, we went to a Viet restaurant and had some of their spring rolls, which were deliciously perfumed with who knows how many herbs. Absolutely delicious.

I'll second that. I have a feeling that, in temperate, or cold climates, summer is associated with "light", cold dishes (like salads) and heavy, hot food (stews, casseroles, hot soup, etc.) in winter, when it's cold.
you're in the tropics, I'm in the tropics, and we eat hot, cold, warm food all year round. No discrimination.
One of Venezuela's iconic dishes ( especially among the poor) is a sancocho. It can be fish, chicken or meat. Basically, you toss in onions, plantains, yam, yucca, taro root, carrots and water, bring it to a boil, cook it for a while, then add the protein. Mostly, the protein is the cheapest cuts of meat (or fish). Fish heads, fish carcasses are almost obligatory in sancocho de Pescado.
It can be a little unnerving when you're served a bowl of this with a fish staring you in the eye.

Sorry about that!!
You've obviously had first hand experience from SE Asia so your suggestions are great. From my limited experience of Vietnamese food, Im beginning to form an opinion that their cuisine is the jewel of the area, with Indonesia not far behind. When I was in London, we went to a Viet restaurant and had some of their spring rolls, which were deliciously perfumed with who knows how many herbs. Absolutely delicious.
I do like Vietnamese food, but Thai is bolder. More extreme.
Maybe just more me :), nah, I wish I was bolder..
But yeah, I like Thai food more although pho and banh mi are also high on my favourites list

Yes. There are a staggering number of people who don't think about cold soups at all. I used to be one until I moved to Australia. Now that I've found them, we live in cold soups during the summer months. Some need cooking and serving cold, others are 'raw' soups and don't need cooking at all.

Back
Top Bottom