How many kinds of BBQ sauce do you make?

I’d appreciate that.
I always manage to hit roughly the right note when making sauces for BBQ but it is usually made up on the hoof.
I’d really like a few ol’ reliables, preferably made in advance jobbies!
SandwichShortOfAPicinic, Try my recipe for Lip Smackin' BBQ Sauce. I think that you'll like it. I do!!! :whistling:

Found the recipe, at last, and have just posted it BBQ Sauce. As I said, haven't made it for about 10 years, but I seem to remember it was unusual because of the orange and because it wasn't sickly sweet.
Not my recipe ( although I've modified the original to replace unusual ingredients) - the author is none other than the world-renowned chef Ferran Adriá, from El Bulli (now permanently closed).

thats the thing about BBQ sauces , there are 1000s of them, it can be hard to find one that you think is best , the best starting point i think would be what base you like and go from there
the 3 most common bases are : vinager molasses and tomato , theres more but these are a good starting point, most people i know like the Memphis style best ( me ) but my wife preferres the carolina ( strong vinager base ) in fact a few years ago i had a freind that i had to make a quart of the carolina sauce each month for .its all a matter of taste and the quest to find your perfect sauce can be a long one

Back
Top Bottom