Lasagna and other pasta bakes

In general I don't much like pasta bakes (too stodgy).
If they're stodgy then it's because the liquid was insufficient. And let's not forget what the Italians say about a lasagna: it's the pasta which is the important item. What many of us do when making a lasagna is to overfill, put too much bechamel, and then wonder why the dish drips oil and sauce all over the place ( and I can assure you, that's how they like it in Venezuela). It's a delicate balance.

If they're stodgy then it's because the liquid was insufficient. And let's not forget what the Italians say about a lasagna: it's the pasta which is the important item. What many of us do when making a lasagna is to overfill, put too much bechamel, and then wonder why the dish drips oil and sauce all over the place ( and I can assure you, that's how they like it in Venezuela). It's a delicate balance.
Oh, I love all pasta. No matter what kind it is.:rolleyes:

Here's some pics of my favorite pasta bake recipes.
1652009503998.jpg

Pasta bake with mozzarella and basil and tomato sauce
Mozzarella en rode paprika lasagne.jpg

Lasagne with red peppers & mozzarella
Pasta bake ricotta mozzarella.jpg

Ricotta pasta bake

[bump]

I had about 3/4 of a cup of whole milk Ricotta Cheese leftover from a recipe and was racking my brain what it do with such a small amount ...

IMG_4322.JPG

Lasagna-style Pasta Bake.
I buy small-ish (about 8 x 6") aluminum baking pans and thought why not use another type of pasta?
I have all sorts of different shapes in my pantry and thought that mini farfalle would work nicely.

Cook pasta to al dente as directed on the box
Browned 1/2lb. of Sweet Italian Sausage, drained. Add a 24oz. jar of Marinara, stir well.
Now assemble as you would a Lasagna.
Bake until bubbly.
DINNER DONE!

I wound up with two of these disposable pan, so one was supper and one went into the freezer for later.

I just love having a "casserole" of sorts in the deep freeze for those days when you don't want to really cook, but you also don't want to go out to eat nor order take-out/delivery.

Now I'm going to be in search of a "non-creamy" casserole/pasta bake that I can stash in the freezer for later, that DH will actually eat, ie. nothing "creamy". HMMM. Sounds like another thread topic to me ...

[bump]

I had about 3/4 of a cup of whole milk Ricotta Cheese leftover from a recipe and was racking my brain what it do with such a small amount ...

View attachment 116530

Lasagna-style Pasta Bake.
I buy small-ish (about 8 x 6") aluminum baking pans and thought why not use another type of pasta?
I have all sorts of different shapes in my pantry and thought that mini farfalle would work nicely.

Cook pasta to al dente as directed on the box
Browned 1/2lb. of Sweet Italian Sausage, drained. Add a 24oz. jar of Marinara, stir well.
Now assemble as you would a Lasagna.
Bake until bubbly.
DINNER DONE!

I wound up with two of these disposable pan, so one was supper and one went into the freezer for later.

I just love having a "casserole" of sorts in the deep freeze for those days when you don't want to really cook, but you also don't want to go out to eat nor order take-out/delivery.

Now I'm going to be in search of a "non-creamy" casserole/pasta bake that I can stash in the freezer for later, that DH will actually eat, ie. nothing "creamy". HMMM. Sounds like another thread topic to me ...
Yum yum!

[bump]

Stuffed Jumbo Shells done two ways

IMG_4472.JPG

IMG_4473.JPG

Both dishes are stuffed shells the same way:
diced chicken breast, ricotta & parmesan cheese, drained chopped spinach
and then one is topped with Marinara
and the other is topped with Alfredo Sauce
both dishes are then topped with loads of shredded Mozzarella
Both were good, but I did prefer the Alfredo

Back